Night shift Quality Assurance Supervisor Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Job Ref: 36270
- Night shift QA Supervisor (Mon-Fri, 8 pm – 6 am)
- Wage – starting at $55k, can increase up to 60k based on experience.
- Would be expected to cover weekends based on need – then would get a day off during the week
- Replacement position
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is to ensure food safety, cleanliness, and quality of products in accordance with company food values; working with commitment, honesty and integrity, pride, be adaptable and innovative.
- Assist the manager in develop, implement and maintain programs related to providing safe and high-quality foods (ex: SQF programs. food safety plans, environmental monitoring, hold & release etc.)
- Assist with developing and facilitating trainings on quality programs for managers and employees.
- Communicate non-conformances, trends and compliance information to managers and supervisors, providing instruction or recommendation on action to be taken.
- Manage QA functions and staff at the direction of the QA Manager.
- Coordinate sample preparation, testing and shipment.
- Manage QA staff to include work direction and guidance, career growth and development, proficiency/skill testing, performance management, scheduling, ensuring safe work practices, etc.
- Serve as back up lead person on audits (ex: SQF, USDA, FDA, Kosher, customer inspections, Organic, etc.).
- Ensure managers and supervisors understand regulations, audit process and compliance requirements as it relates to their assigned areas.
- Serve as the back-up facility representative throughout the audit process and associated follow up.
- Resolve issues identified within audits.
- Respond to customer complaints, exercising a high level of customer service throughout the process and partnering with other facilities as needed.
- Oversee Sanitation, ensuring proper sanitation procedures are being followed to produce a safe and high-quality product.
- Quality inspections to include documentation review, ingredient inspections, GMP audits, etc.
Education, Experience, Qualities and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or Food Science. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2-4 years quality experience in a food production setting.
- HACCP Certified or able to become certified.
- Experience with SQF or other relevant 3rd party audits.
- SQF Practitioner Certified or able to become certified.
- PCQI Certified or able to become certified.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to influence without direct authority.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Organized and efficient.
- Flexible and adaptable to different situations.
- Able to balance QA standards with production demands and to reach compromise as appropriate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong sensory skills.
- 2 years of quality experience in dairy or food Industry
- Experience in management.
- Sanitation background.
- Shift flexibility.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to work repetitiously.
- Ability to stand for long periods at a time.
- Able to work inside a cooler and in packaging environment temperatures (45– 52 degrees F).
- Able to work with and evaluate tree nuts, milk, and egg products.