Senior Engineering Maintenance Manager Bothell, Washington
Job Ref: 39035
LARGE MANUFACTURING PLANT IN BOTHELL WA IS LOOKING FOR A STRONG SR. ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE MANAGER. LOOKING FOR A STRONG LEADER WHO CAN TAKE THE FACILITY TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH CHANGES AND NEW PROCESSES. LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP CREATE NEW PROCESSES TO BE MORE PROACTIVE WITH MAINTENANCE. ALSO LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN ALSO GROW AND DEVELOP A TEAM AS WELL.
YOU WILL OVER SEE 3 DIRECT REPORTS, 24 INDIRECT REPORTS, AND MANAGING A $10M BUDGET
SALARY RANGE IS $142K-$196K WITH A 10% BONUS AND LTIP INCENTIVE PLAN
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior Manager, Engineering Maintenance
The Senior Manager, Engineering Maintenance is accountable for all equipment maintenance operations and equipment sustainability.
This position manages internal resources in the above stated areas, works with vendors and consultants as required, and participates as an active member of the site Engineering Leadership Team.
This position is responsible for all Plant and Departmental goals, including reliability, cost reduction, waste reduction, sustainability, quality and equipment sanitation improvements, downtime reduction, cost improvement project implementation, as well as ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
This position is accountable for developing appropriate maintenance structure, work systems, Key Performance Indicators, and people capabilities to maximize equipment uptime, efficiency, and throughput.
The individual in this role must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment that is subject to long hours including evenings and on-call status.
???????Some travel is also required.
- Achieve sustainability goals around utilities, water, power, and solid waste.
- Ensure information flow, employee development, problem-solving, goal setting, performance evaluation, and process improvements by coaching, empowering, and supporting the engineering maintenance departments in a High Performance Work System (HPWS) environment.
- Assess and build technical capability of site employees across functions and levels.
- Develop, administer, and manage an operating budget for the Maintenance Department.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of effective preventive maintenance programs, along with the establishment of a proficient maintenance stores procurement and inventory control system, as applicable.
- Evaluate, monitor, and upgrade equipment PM strategy that result in a continuous reduction of MTBF and MTTR and increase an equipment/system uptime.
- Apply best practices and technology aligned with the biological development and manufacturing of product.
- Maintain the plant infrastructure.
- Coordinate the selection, design and layout of biological manufacturing equipment, and control systems to ensure efficiency & reliability.
- Initiate design changes and modifications to improve Process Reliability, meet cost reduction goals and reduce dependencies on manual labor on an on-going basis.
- Provide continuous leadership and guidance to maintenance, facility and utilities engineering personnel.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve equipment or processing problems.
- Develop positive partnerships with other operational functions (i.e. production or human resources) and suppliers to ensure human capital, equipment, production and sanitation processes are used in the most effective/efficient manner to meet or exceed manufacturing targets.
- Manage direct reports and provide leadership and guidance for their professional and personal development.
- Own and drive safety programs to ensure operations personnel are in compliance with federal/state and company policies and procedures.
- Meet with vendors and suppliers to learn about and evaluate products used in repair work.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, and outside contractors.
- Review, evaluate, accept, and coordinate completion of work bid from contractors.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to construct templates and lay out reference points for workers.
- Design input into equipment specification and design for maintainability and standarization.
- Recommend and/or manage continuous improvement in a way that engages employees and functional partners in systematic, effective and collaborative manner.
- Cooperate with managers and other leaders to ensure all Company legal and ethical requirements are met.
- Drive EHS and GMP compliance to ensure a successful compliance/safety culture.
- Participate in emergency and crisis management teams.
- Ensure all aspects of plant KPI’S are being reviewed and communicated to operations team and recommend ways to improve.
- Manage the Maintenance Training Program and conduct training to maintain compliance with Company and regulatory requirements.
- Drive Safety with supervisors and managers to ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Hazard Communication, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 – Section 210-211.
- Assist with the management of budget, expenses and P&L responsibilities effectively.
- Perform physical activities as outlined in the attached Physical Demands section of this position description.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities not listed may be required of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment, willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
- Generate QA investigations and perform Root Cause Analysis to prevent recurrence.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Process engineering and analytical process mapping experience required.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and standard operating procedures.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification strongly preferred.
- FDA/GMP knowledge preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with multi-level audiences.
- Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge: Computer skills – Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-Year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of manufacturing equipment maintenance experience with increasing levels of responsibility and authority.
- Hands on experience on AUTOCAD software, desirable.
- Experience using CMMS system (Maximo, BMRAM, etc.) required.
- Experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience working in an 24-hour production facility or critical utility environment preferred.
- Experienced working with plant system like: Purified Water, HVAC, Steam, Compressed air and Chilled water systems in addition to equipment like: reactors, mixers, centrifugal pumps, Centrifuges, etc.
- Experience implementing RCM and TPM maintenance approaches