Rendering Supervisor Aberdeen, South Dakota
Job Ref: 38981
RENDERING SUPERVISOR SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPEREINCE IN A KILL FLOOR PLANT IN BEEF OR POULTRY. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE UP TO $5K AS WELL. $70K-$80K SALARY RANGE IN ABERDEEN SOUTH DAKOTA.
THIS IS A 2ND SHIFT 3PM-11PM.
LOOKING FOR A STRONG LEADER AND SOMEONE WHO IS SHARP WITH LEAN MANUFACTURING AND WASTE REDUCTION.
As our Rendering Supervisor, you are in charge of daily operations of the Rendering Department under the supervision of the Rendering Manager.
As our Rendering Supervisor you will:
- Managing all rendering processes; ensuring efficient, effective, and accurate operations according to customer specifications.
- Monitor and control downtime; provide solutions to reduce downtime.
- Maintain high production and quality while ensuring the safest working environment possible.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication skills are necessary for training team members and throughout daily operations.
- Monitor and maintain the rendering facility to appropriate cleanliness standards.
- Complete reports and other paperwork such as discipline, progress evaluations, terminations, etc.
- Ensure every position is filled before start up, job rotation in order to facilitate ergonomics and departmental performance.
- Good mechanical background of rendering equipment
- Ensure all machinery is performing to the highest standard possible.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work temperatures warm, hot, humid, cold, wet or with slippery surfaces at varied heights in and around moving equipment and parts with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to perform the job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Good attendance and safety record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to manage a group of personnel who perform various production tasks or activities.
- Ability to understand and control the rendering process.
- Maintain accurate records
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with all levels of employees from hourly to upper management
- Ability to identify and address safety hazards; promote safety on a daily basis.
- Ability to lead by example, encourage teamwork and learning, and motivate the hourly workforce.