Maintenance Supervisor PERRIS, California
Job Ref: 38685
“BUSY DISTRIBUTION CENTER IN PERRIS CA IS SEEKING A WELL ROUNDED 2ND SHIFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR. MUST HAVE A STABLE BACKGROUND AND HAVE A DISTRIBUTION BACKGROUND.
nM – F 1:30-9:30pm, with some Saturday work/Saturday bonus
nSALARY RANGE: $80-92k WITH 10% BONUS
nBusy Southern CA distribution center in need of a Maintenance Supervisor for the1 weekend shift. Ideal candidate will have experience in a Supervisory or Leadership role, processing work orders, mentoring and training staff, minor reporting and vendor service. Technical background in Mechanical, electrical, automation troubleshooting and repair is required.
Supervise all functions pertaining to facilities maintenance, to include, but not limited to; preventive maintenance programs, repairs to the building, property, and all material handling equipment. Oversee maintenance G&A expense for all budgeted items in the Maintenance and Repair accounts. Oversee expenses related to other services sub accounts of landscaping, mat rental, pest control, snow removal, janitorial, waste management, fire system maintenance, and certification. Review and recommend changes to existing material handling equipment and all proposed construction projects. Responsible for timeline compliance, and quality of work for external construction projects.
- Oversee the maintenance of all operating equipment, and facility systems. Enforce proper turn time of preventive maintenance schedules. Ensure timely response to critical equipment downtime issues in the distribution center.nt
- Train/develop maintenance personnel; authenticate that skill sets meet minimum requirements of job function.nt
- Make use of the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), utilizing it to its full capability.nt
- Interact with outside vendors relative to the coordination of all construction projects to the facility, property and equipment. Responsible for validation of quality work, and compliance of all safety standards.nt
- Oversee the required back stock of maintenance spare parts and supplies while minimizing inventory levels through strong supplier partnershipsnt
- Ensure contractual compliance to include: landscape, mat rental, pest control, snow removal, waste management, and fire system maintenance accounts.nt
- Maintain an active partnership with the safety committee to ensure strong alliance regarding all safety issues on the propertyn
- Analysis & Judgmentnt
- Technical / Functional Competencent
- Planning & Organizingnt
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 8-10 years maintenance experience in large distribution center and/or manufacturing environment.nt
- 2 + years of supervisory experience in a large distribution center and/or manufacturing environment.nt
- Technically proficient in mechanical and electrical maintenance.nt
- Ability to review and critique schematic diagrams.nt
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMMS.nt
- Knowledge of 5-S practices preferrednt
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.nt
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations.nt
- Awareness of state/local regulations, and code requirementsnt
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, and communication skills (oral/written)nt
- Strong organizational skills.nt
- Proficient P.C. skills, to include Microsoft Excel and Word.n
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.