Quality Control & Optimization Leader Ackerman, Mississippi
Job Ref: 38626
“Quality Control & Optimization Leader
nSite is in a rural area, Mississippi State University is 30 minutes away (relevant if you're a football fan), would be open to offering relocation assistance.
nWe’re looking for a Quality Control and Optimization Leader to join our lumber mill located in Ackerman, Mississippi. Produce forest products for customers nationally for 50+ years. We’re growing, and now is an exciting time to join us! We make southern yellow pine, you should hopefully understand heavy equipment optimization like steel mill for example, it’s outside so it can be cold and rainy at times, will be outside some of the time and engaging with other employees.
- Five years related lumber manufacturing quality control supervisory experiencent
- Post-secondary education in wood processing, business, engineering or related field would be an asset.nt
- Self-motivated individual with well-developed organizational, time management and analytical skills.nt
- Knowledge of lumber manufacturing processes and equipment.nt
- Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in a team environment.nt
- Excellent computer application skills.n
nYour workday will look something like this:
nYou will be responsible to establish and manage a quality control program including the development of quality testing procedures and product improvements.
nAs the Quality and Optimization Leader you will provide supervision to a Quality Control Supervisor and a Control Systems Specialist to support achieving the site quality objectives.
nYou will work with other team members to solve quality and process problems to develop new and innovative quality procedures and lumber products.
nWhat’s in it for you?
n· You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with a dynamic group of people, in a team-oriented environment.
n· You’ll earn a competitive salary.
n· You’ll be eligible for excellent benefits and access to a 401K.
n· You’ll have sick leave and holiday time so you can focus onyour health and time with loved ones.
n· You’ll have access to a flexible spending account (FSC).
n· You’ll be supported with opportunities for development and advancement.
nIf this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you.
nJob Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matchingnt
- Dental insurancent
- Flexible spending accountnt
- Health insurancent
- Life insurancent
- Paid time offnt
- Relocation assistancent
- Vision insurancen
- 8 hour shiftnt
- Day shiftnt
- Monday to Fridayn
nAbility to commute/relocate:n
- Ackerman, MS 39735: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)n
- lumber manufacturing: 5 years (Required)n
nWork Location: In person”