2nd & 3rd shift Maintenance Technicians Clinton Township, Michigan
Job Ref: 38548
“$26/hr – $31/hr DOE plus profit sharing!
nThis is a snack food manufacturer
n2nd shift (3 pm – 11 pm) and 3rd shift (11 pm – 7 am) plus .75/hr shift differential.
nPrefer 3 years or more of maintenance experience, will work on processing equipment. Solid mechanical experience is required. You don’t have to have PLC troubleshooting experience although it’s a plus. There are baggers, labelers, equipment that puts a top on a tub, seals, labels, and extruders that uses dies to cut caramel. There also enrobing machines that have a wire conveyor belt that coat the caramel in chocolate. There are 5 maintenance people here. We need 1 Tech on 2nd shift (3 pm – 11 pm) and 1 Tech on 3rd shift (11 pm – 7 am) plus .75/hr shift differential. The schedule is Monday – Friday with overtime on the weekends as needed.
nNon union, snack and treats manufacturing. There is profit sharing which paid out an average of $1600 this year, it's based on the number of hours that people work and company profitability, some of the mechanics got as much as $3500! The plant is kept at 68 degrees, is climate controlled.
nYou'll get 5 days of paid time off after 90 days, after a year you get a week of paid vacation plus the 5 days PTO. 401k eligible after 90 days, 100% on the first 3% and 50% on the 4th and 5th %, medical/dental after the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.
nDuties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:n
- Maintain building, production equipment, and other machinery including facility systems such as air compressors, hot water heaters, and HVAC equipment.nt
- Complete all assigned work and preventative maintenance with proper cleanup and communication to the shift supervisor, and document in maintenance tracking system.nt
- Make quick, prudent precise decisions and have access ability to obtain information.nt
- Always maintain a neat and orderly work area; keep proper documentation in assigned areas.nt
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding safety, quality, productivity, GMP's, work rules, and attendance.n
- Must be able to perform basic facility repairs, such as plumbing, heating and cooling, and painting.nt
- Knowledge of food processing preferred. Knowledge of manufacturing equipment required.nt
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude, along with troubleshooting skills.nt
- Ability to fabricate and weld (tig) as required for systematic repairs.nt
- Ability to operate lift trucks. Certification preferred.nt
- Must provide your own toolsnt
- PLC experience valuedn
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds regularly.n
nJob Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matchingnt
- Dental insurancent
- Disability insurancent
- Employee discountnt
- Flexible spending accountnt
- Health insurancent
- Life insurancent
- Paid time offnt
- Vision insurancen
- 8 hour shiftn