Journeyman Electrician RIttman, Ohio
Job Ref: 38435
nMUST HAVE SOME TYPE OF JOURNEYMAN CERTIFICATION FOR THIS ROLE EITHER JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN OR ELECTRICAL TRADE SCHOOL APPRENTICE OR 10 YEARS AS AN ELECTRICIAN WILL WORK AS WELL.
nDAY SHIFT M-F 7AM-3PM
nPAY: UNION PLANT $33.90HR PLUS A 5K SIGN ON AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
nUnder direct supervision of the maintenance foreman is responsible for general electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, installation and repair.
nThis is a factory setting.
nGeneral Working Conditions:
nWork must be around equipment and machinery that maybe in motion. Position requires that attention be paid to roof and rib conditions.
Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Requires sound knowledge of heavy industrial/mining electrical maintenance practices.nt
- Knowledgeable in 480V 3-phase and 4160V 3-phase motor control center troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.nt
- Capable of reading schematics, calculating wire size and motor horsepower requirements for new installations.nt
- Familiar with solid state, soft start, and PLC controls.nt
- Must be capable of lifting 65# on a frequent basis.nt
- Fill out inspection sheets, timecards and other reports properly.nt
- Requires mounting and dismounting mobile and stationary equipment many times per day.n
Qualifications Other Functions:
- May be required to do minor welding and burning.nt
- Assist mechanics in equipment repairs as directed.nt
- May do greasing, cleaning, and inspecting as directed.nt
- Must be able to train other employees in safe job procedures of an electrician.nt
- Performs other work as directed by maintenance foreman. n
Additionally about the job:
nIs responsible for installing, servicing, dismantling, rebuilding and maintaining all Packaging Department machinery and related equipment as it relates to the electrical and mechanical crafts
n• Sets up or assists in setting up Packaging Department equipment.
n• Locates trouble causing breakdown of any of the machines or equipment.
n• Determines method of dismantling; repairs or replaces worn out or broken parts and reassembles.
n• Works from machine assembly drawing, electrical schematics, sketches or blueprints
n• Works to close accuracy and uses all types of electrical and mechanical tools which includes precision electrical testing equipment.
n• Lays out, cuts, and installs sheet metal guards, spouts, hoods, etc.
n• Is responsible for maintaining a complete supply of spare parts and lubricating equipment.
n• Also does some improvement work by changing present machines or building equipment to make present set-up more efficient.
n• Operates production equipment as required.