Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner SELKIRK, New York
Job Ref: 38401
“HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER OPENING WITH A LARGE CONCRETE MANUFACTURING PLANT IN SELKIRK NEW YORK. LOOKING FOR A STRONG HR BP WITH ALL HIGH SPEED MANUFACTURING AND A HUGE PLUS IF YOU ARE BILINGUAL. SALARY RANGE IS 100-110K AND 10% BONUS.
n1. How many direct reports does this role have and who are they?
n- None, but we may move a “Plant Assistant” who does some admin work and tracks some payroll/attendance and other HR related administrative things, under this role at some point.
n2. Who does this position report to?
n Director of HR.
n3. How many total employees are there at the facility?
n– NY 110 EMPLOYEES
n4. Is this a unionized plant, if so, do candidates need to have experience with contract negotiations, labor relations, etc.?
n- Both plants are union. Union experience is a must, although it can be limited. They wont be required to sit first chair in negotiations, but will have to deal with the day to day contract administration etc.
n6. Will this person have to travel at all to other plants?
n- Occasionally, not often.
nThe Senior Human Resources Business Partner drives change and business results using strong influential skills, ability to build relationships and deep functional HR expertise. The Senior HRBP acts as a strategic business partner, leading development and implementation of programs related to talent acquisition, engagement and retention, employee relations, talent development and HR service delivery.
nEssential Duties and Responsibilities: n
- Ensure the HR function's priorities and efforts are customer centric and aligned to the execution of the site operational strategynt
- Lead the implementation of strategic HR initiatives related to people development, talent management, staffing, retention, diversity, organizational development and performance management for union and non-union (“Staff”) employeesnt
- Develop and maintain a robust and sustainable talent pipeline for production, trades, technical and supervisory positionsnt
- Provide subject matter expertise and counsel department leaders on change management (i.e. identify stakeholders, gaps, potential barriers, communication plans and measurement strategy)nt
- Provide one on one coaching and consultation to management regarding communication and leadership style and its impact on departmental change effortsnt
- Provide expertise, counsel and coaching support to department leaders on HR annual processes and systems with goal of building management competencies within the local leadership teamnt
- Act as site leader in managing Employer/Union relationships to include contract negotiations, monthly meetings, grievance investigation and response, arbitration and other labor relations functionsnt
- Lead by example and ensure compliance with Environmental, Safety, Health and other federal, state, local and Company policies, procedures, and requirements nt
- Manage payroll, reporting and administrative duties, and serve as point of contact for local payroll/benefits inquiriesnt
- Perform other essential duties as assigned by supervisor or defined by Company objectivesn
- 3+ years of professional human resources experience, preferably in a manufacturing and/or unionized environmentnt
- Or – Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related fieldnt
- Or – Equivalent combination of experience and educationnt
- Experience in administration and negotiation of collective bargaining agreementsnt
- Knowledge of HR practices including talent acquisition, compensation, performance management, leadership development, employee relations, change management and organizational developmentn
nWork Environment/Physical Requirements: nn
- Office: Typical office environment including working with a computer for extended periods of time. May have to occasionally lift items up to 25 pounds. nt
- When in Plant/Field Settings: This position requires knowledge and awareness of construction and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires occasional overnight travel and the ability to work varied hours, including weekends, based on departmental and business needs. n