Building Engineer (Philadephia, PA) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Ref: 37821
LOOKING FOR BUILDING HVAC MECHANICS IN PHILADELPHIA PA FOR THIS ROLE PAY IS 30-35HR.
Hourly Rate: $35/hr.
Hours: between 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday, with occasional OT and responding to emergency and non-emergency calls
Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Day
Must be fully vaccinated and HVAC certified
Some O/T on weekends/Holidays
JOB DESCRIPTION: Building Engineer
Reports to Property Manager or Chief Engineer
The Building Engineer is responsible for providing facilities and property maintenance to properties.
This position involves the coordination, management and physical activity
associated with the operation and maintenance of various building systems and building maintenance initiatives.
The Building Engineer works closely with property managers to establish and maintain effective operating procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Oversees building maintenance projects.
• Oversees and monitors the operation and makes adjustments of all mechanical systems including but not limited to refrigeration, heat exchangers, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems.
• Monitors operation and adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment, boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters, pumps, valves, piping, and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment, record readings and makes adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
• Analyzes the operation of various systems, determines the cause of any problems/ malfunctions and takes corrective action as required.
• Performs preventative maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment, which includes but not limited to, assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performs work with a minimum amount of disruption, conducts immediate clean-up of work area, completes the preventative task sheet, returns tools to workshop and unused supplies to store room, reports any impending supply or material shortages and any equipment problems.
• Installs and repairs plumbing, piping, tubing, wire singles and three phase motors, run conduit, pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.
• Installs and rebuilds pumps and motors, installs and rebuilds air compressors and heat exchangers, replaces seals on pumps, installs and repairs piping, valves, filters, hot water systems, and associated controls.
• Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls.
• Assists other engineers with repairs and maintenance of buildings and equipment.
• Maintains building grounds and tenant suites, which may include tasks such as painting, changing light bulbs, replacing blinds and trash removal.
• Coordinate building systems with construction projects (i.e. put fire panel on test, dumpster locations, building access, etc.)
• Communicates with management, tenant service coordinator, and tenants regarding status of projects and ensures appropriate paperwork is completed.
• Purchases appropriate supplies for projects.
• Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls, texts and emails as needed.
• Assumes other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
• High school degree or equivalent.
• 5 years of experience building maintenance experience.
• Valid state driver’s license.
• HVAC Certification strongly preferred.
• May be required to obtain Low-Pressure Black Seal license.
• Travel and overtime.
• Capable of performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, moving whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Good written and verbal communicator who works well and is at ease under pressure and with a diverse population.
• Demonstrated ability to determine needs, distinguish between emergency and non emergency situations and attain results.
• Self-motivated, effective interpersonal and collaborative working style, a strong work ethic.
• Good customer service skills and problem resolution ability.
• Adhere to the firm’s values and culture of commitment, collaboration, excellence, honesty, integrity, respect of others and trust.