FABRICATION SUPERINTENDENT Aberdeen, South Dakota
Job Ref: 37812
BEEF MANUFACTURING PLANT NEEDS A FABRICATION SUPERINTENDENT IN ABERDEEN SOUTH DAKOTA. 5K FOR RELO. MUST COME OUT OF FOODS OR BEEF. THIS PERSON MANAGES ALL THE FABRICATION SUPERVISORS. 100-115K SALARY RANGE. GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH A GREAT COMPANY.
Reports To: Fabrication Manager
Position Summary: A skilled and proactive leader who plans, organizes, balances, communicates, and controls plant operations; supervises, trains, and develops supervisors and staff to generate high volume and high yield, and provides recommendations to management and staff to improve overall plant efficiency and effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of all department supervisors
- Analyze production problems and recommend and implement solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects and correct those identified.
- Guiding, directing, and motivating and including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Coaching, mentoring, or helping others to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
- Ensure Fabrication Supervisors run their areas productively and efficiently.
- Make sure employees are performing work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure high quality of all areas.
- Act as a liaison between plant management and Fabrication Supervisors.
- Ensure all supervisors are following plant safety, quality, and attendance procedures.
- Attend to and give input at daily supervisor meetings within the fabrication area.
- Minimize downtime.
- Tour area frequently to ensure supervisors are performing their work properly and also to build employee morale.
- Work on various special projects in the fabrication area.
- Ensure fabrication area reaches its daily standard and make sheet criteria, correct procedures if necessary.
- Responsible for preparing annual evaluations on all Fabrication Supervisors.
- Directly involved in disciplinary procedures with supervisors. These may range from verbal warnings to terminations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a beef processing plant
- Strong organizational interpersonal & communication skills
- Bilingual important but not necessary
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the US
- Must pass pre-employment physical and random drug test to be eligible for employment
- High School Diploma or GED with College education preferred but not required
- Must be able read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a diverse workforce and with upper management
- Ability to stand, bend, lift up to 50 pounds
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and stooping, as needed.
- Ability to work 8-10 hours a day in a cold or hot environment.
Pay: $100 – 115k per year subject to and commensurate with experience
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance