DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN Aberdeen, South Dakota
Job Ref: 37810
BEEF MANUFACTURING PLANT IN ABERDEEN SOUTH DAKOTA NEEDS A DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN. MUST HAVE FOOD OR BEEF IS PREFERRED. 5K FOR RELO . PAY RANGE IS 140-165K. GREAT OPPORTUNITY
Director of Supply Chain
Job Summary: The Director of Supply Chain serves as a critical interface between Sales, Production, Warehouse, Transportation, and Finance to ensure a smooth customer service experience from the beginning of the sales process to the point of the customer receiving the product. Responsible for managing a staff of 8, currently consisting of Customer Service Representatives, Transportation Manager, Transportations Clerks and a Production Scheduler. This position reports to the CEO.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate an environment where the Sales Teams can remain focused on selling by addressing issues and obstacles that require attention
• Oversight of the company’s Transportation and Logistics initiatives for finished goods.
• Manage Customer Service Representatives for optimal team and individual performance
• Responsible for directing Production Scheduling and Deficit Freight duties and goals
• Ensures clear and professional communications with all department, including; Sales, Production, Warehouse, Transportation, QA and Finance. Address issues for solutions and problem solving
• Transportation, Logistics, Routing software utilization, and vendor negotiation skills
• Attention to details while focusing on big picture, utilizing data to drive decisions
• Excellent mediation skills.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to train in small groups or one-on-one.
• Accountability skills and ability to hold other accountable.
• Strong coaching skills.
• Must be organized, with exceptional time management skills.
• Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States.
• Ability to work flexible schedule.
• High School degree required.
• BS Degree preferred
• Ability to sit, stand, talk, walk, bend.
• Must follow safety rules and exercise caution in all work-related activities.
• Office environment that can be hot or cold. Approximately 8-10 per day.
Conditions of Employment:
• Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.
• Must pass pre-employment drug test if one is offered to be eligible for employment.
• Must be bondable and pass a background check.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday with weekend oversight
Ability to commute/relocate: Aberdeen, SD 57401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Experience: Management: minimum 5 years Transportation experience
Work Location: One location, Home Office, Aberdeen, SD; Some travel may be required for vendor interviews and negotiations