Maintenance Technician San Dimas, California
Job Ref: 37777
Job Description: Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician will monitor, repair and maintain the plants’ production equipment as well as perform maintenance on the facility and its utilities. Including, performing preventative maintenance tasks on assigned equipment, setting up and testing equipment for startup, and inspecting, lubricating and making necessary repairs to equipment.
Job Essential Duties:
- PLC Troubleshoot, repair and maintain processing equipment both mechanical and electrical.
- VFD's, Conveyors, Dryers, Ovens and Extrusion experience nice to have
- Inspect, recognize potential problems, and take appropriate action to prevent component failure
- Monitor machinery to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate within the Maintenance Planner to schedule and develop routine and preventative maintenance schedules
- Assist Team Leaders and Machine Operators in efficient line start up and equipment adjustments
- Perform building maintenance and repairs as needed to include carpentry, plumbing, and painting
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, GMPs, and SOPs
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment
- Weld and fabricate machinery when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college coursework preferred
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and components including chains, sprockets, gears, bushings, bearings, gear boxes and other moving parts
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with coworkers, supervisors and department managers required