https://www.macttn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/logo.png 60 100 https://www.macttn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Mac-1030x634.png 2022-08-31 00:00:002022-09-26 11:37:05SENIOR HVAC TECHNICIAN
SENIOR HVAC TECHNICIAN Cape May, New Jersey
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed
SENIOR HVAC TECHNICIAN Cape May, New Jersey
Job Ref: 37768
HIGH END HOTEL IN CAPE MAY NEW JERSEY IS SEEKING A HVAC TECHNICIAN. THIS IS A VERY HIGH END HOTEL. MUST BE OPEN TO WORKING ON CALL HOURS BUT MAINLY A DAY SHIFT ROLE. THEY WANT SOMEONE LOCAL WHO IS A CERTIFIED HVAC TECHNICIAN AND SOMEONE SHARP. THIS HOTEL IS 800-900 PER NIGHT SO MUST BE SHARP. PAY RANGE IS 40-50HR Typical work shifts Monday to Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Shifts could include at times for extended work shifts and or emergency call-ins. (Hours beyond scheduled shifts will be considered overtime at a rate of 1.5X the straight time rate).
- SUMMARY: Perform HVAC and Refrigeration installs and repairs in and around all properties as needed. Perform Preventative Maintenance on all HVAC/Refrigeration units. Finally, perform sanitizing procedures on all ice production equipment as required.
Top Five Skills on Equipment
- Troubleshooting / Diagnosing technical issues
- Install & operation of HVAC (AC, air cooled and water-cooled Heat Pumps)
- Electrical (240-Volt or below)
- Mechanical (i.e. Pumps, Fans, HX)
- Boilers operation and repair
- Perform general repair and preventative maintenance on all HVAC / Refrigeration or other equipment located on the properties. Work will be assigned by mgmt. and or via a work order PM system or as operationally necessary.
- Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks and all other work activity is required by logging such activity into the computer maintenance software that is being used at that time. Ensure that all safety systems are operable. Assist with processing with the invoices and tracking staff allocations
- Work in rotation with other members of department to provide property coverage as required.
- Respond to guestroom calls as required.
- Assist other departmental craft workers as required.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Maintain commissioning and punch lists for each property to start up equipment and track repairs. Follow up with General Managers, and Maintenance Dept. heads to verify progress and completion of work.
- Provide assistance to and other affiliated properties to source and purchase items for maintenance and operations.
- Prepare for annual filing of all state and local licenses and inspections for Cape Resorts and affiliated properties. Including but not limited to mercantile, fire inspections, department of housing, etc for inspections, violations, corrections and appeals.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of web-based CMMS, EMMS, BMS and project mgmt. software
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain project summaries
- Ability to interact professionally with executives, management, and other individuals inside and outside the company
- The ability to research products and solutions for projects
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Must also have all around skills and be able to make minor electrical, plumbing and minor carpentry repairs.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot problems with a high level of accuracy.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems, however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (0º-10ºF) and kitchens (+110ºF).
- Some work tasks are performed outdoors, and temperatures may be extreme. Must be able to work on rooftop compressor/condenser/air ventilation systems in summer heat (+120ºF) or winter cold (10ºF), possible for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length and be able to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to full cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular and continuing basis, frequently lift 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- The worker, following proper safety protocols and regulations wearing PPE is subject to a variety of physical environmental conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, climbing ladders, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat, chemicals, atmospheric conditions, etc…
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must read, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Must have a minimum of three years hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs plus, maintenance.
- Must have the ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses & certificates.
- Must have or ability to obtain an OSHA 10-hour certification
- Must hold a Universal (608) EPA Certification.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per company standards