Maintenance Mechanic Sun Valley, California
Job Ref: 37767
3rd shift openings
Food Packaging experience needed
Maintain manufacturing facility equipment which include, but not limited to, Dairy fillers, AC/DC motors, pumps, boilers, air compressors, Tray packers, shrink tunnels, pallet wrappers, High Temperature Short Times, plate and shell and tube heat exchangers, forklifts, pallet jacks, and refrigeration equipment. Associated repairs may consist of air, water, steam, electrical, mechanical or PLC based logic. Must be able to perform preventative maintenance on equipment, as well as, repair unscheduled breakdowns as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Perform daily checks throughout facility
- Repair equipment during operational breakdowns
- Be able to perform electrical, mechanical and automation trouble shooting of equipment.
- Includes photoelectric sensors, proximity sensors, limit switches, solenoid valves, relay logic, PLC's, pneumatic cylinder/actuators, cam indexing, servo motors, VFD drives
- Maintain equipment and clean debris, parts and tools from work area upon completion of repairs or lubrication.
- Perform all work assignments in accordance with proper safety procedures.
- Complete work order requests as assigned
- Complete reports and requisitions as needed
- Assist in operation of equipment and completion of change-overs
- Keep work areas neat and clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma and Trade School Certificate, college degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a Dairy, Beverage or Food Manufacturing line atmosphere.
- Must be able to operate mechanical equipment
- Understand the concepts and operational properties of steam, air, mechanical, electrical, Allen Bradley Processors and PLC's.
- Must be able to solve problems, detect manufacturing defects and act accordingly if defects are spotted.
- Hands on problem solver and be able to work with others
- Understand the principles of 5S
- The employee is required to frequently sit, lift, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Must be a team player and have great communication skills.
- Be able to work with time restraints and deadlines.
- Be able to speak, read, and write in English. Additional languages a plus.
- Must have Computer skills, particularly Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and CAD.
- Must be able to read electrical and mechanical drawings and PIDs.
- Experience with ladder logic diagrams is a plus.