Maintenance Supervisor Sun Valley, California
Job Ref: 37766
Responsible for facility and equipment maintenance which includes preventative maintenance schedules, emergency breakdowns, staff training and scheduling of maintenance mechanics. Also works closely with the Plant Manager to work on process improvements, installation of equipment and other projects as needed.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules on equipment
- Perform daily checks throughout facility
- Train and assist staff on repairing equipment during operational breakdowns
- Be able to perform electrical and mechanical trouble shooting of equipment.
- Includes photoelectric sensors, proximity sensors, limit switches, solenoid valves, relay logic, PLC's, pneumatic cylinder/actuators, cam indexing, servo motors, VFD drives, motors, pumps, gearboxes, compressors, boilers, chillers
- Forklift repair experience is helpful
- Perform all work assignments in accordance with proper safety procedures.
- Complete reports and requisitions as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Order parts and equipment
- 5+ years of experience of supervision experience.
- Knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Software is preferred.
- Understand the concepts and operational properties of steam, air, mechanical, electrical, Allen Bradley Processors and PLC's.
- Must be able to solve problems, detect manufacturing defects and act accordingly if defects are spotted.
- Hands on problem solver and be able to work with others
- The employee is required to frequently sit, lift, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Must be a team player and have great communication skills.
- Be able to work with time restraints and deadlines.
- Be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must have Computer skills, particularly Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and CAD.
- High School diploma and Trade School Certificate, college degree preferred
- Dairy, Beverage or Food Manufacturing plant experience highly desirable