MAINTENACE COORDINATOR Boston, Massachusetts
Job Ref: 37758
FISH MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN BOSTON MA IS SEEKING A MAINTENANCE PARTS CLERK WITH INVENTORY EXP WITH PARTS AND ORDERING PARTS. ITS A DAY SHIFT ROLE 7AM-3PM PAYING 25-30HR.
Position: Maintenance Clerk
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Position Summary: The role of Maintenance Clerk is to maintain the maintenance spares inventory in an organized, clean, and accurate manner. To keep accurate records of Purchase Orders, Work Orders, and parts allocation, and assist the maintenance department with the sourcing of parts for all work orders.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate inventory counts and levels of the maintenance spares inventory in the maintenance shop areas, sheds, containers, and inventory rooms.
- Research, source, and order parts as needed for maintenance work
- Maintain system for managing inventory parts
- Maintain organized and efficient inventory areas
- Check all packing slips for incoming goods for accuracy against actual items received; note discrepancies, supply documentation to purchasing coordinator for processing.
- Create work orders, prepare, and track repairable spares for shipment / repair and provide tracking paperwork
- Assist in researching and locating parts and services from vendors and contractors as needed
- Create purchase orders as required
- Organize, track, and complete purchase orders through completion with account payable.
- Following guidelines, create new inventory part numbers for new parts.
- Identify, record and manage obsolete inventory parts
- Create work orders for internal jobs, enter data for work orders, follow through on work completion
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with one to three years of related experience and/or training.
- Effective communication skills – speak, read, and write effectively. English is a must; Spanish is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with facilities management maintenance software
- Mechanical aptitude is extremely important
- Comply with all corporate policies while working.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy in a dynamic environment.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals
- Speak effectively to suppliers and employees
- Perform basic mathematical calculations such as add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Consistently be at work and be on time
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Communication with multiple shifts, often via email
Follow tasks through till completion