Maintenance Technician Boston, Massachusetts
Job Ref: 37756
FISH MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN BOSTON MA NEEDS MAINTENANCE MECHANICS ON ALL SHIFTS. MUST HAVE SOME PLC TROUBLESHOOTING SKILLS.
Shift: ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE , 7AM-3PM, 3PM-11PN & 11PM -7AM M-SATURDAY
Position: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Position Summary: Company is searching for an experienced maintenance technician. The ideal candidate will be familiar with working in an industrial facility, preferably a food manufacturing facility.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executing PMs of plant equipment and repairs around a busy production schedule.
- Working with contractors such as electricians, refrigeration contractors, plumbers, etc.
- Working with an evolving maintenance team along with a maintenance supervisor
- Creating work orders, maintaining inventory for replacement parts and performing general maintenance on OEM and custom fabricated equipment.
- Communicating with team members on plant issues and working to improve plant operations
Qualification and Skills:
- The ability to troubleshoot and solve mechanical and electrical issues. Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems is a plus.
- Understanding of blueprints, drawings, schematics.
- General mechanical knowledge.
- Basic Computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, and preferably maintenance software such as MP2.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Flexibility with hours, including being on call when needed.
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness and ability to work in a cold/refrigerated environment with fish.
- Ability to lift within OSHA guidelines.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of responsibility and essential functions of
this position but should not be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts the
The company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by law.
I have read this job description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I understand that this is to be used as a guide and that I will be responsible for performing other duties as assigned.