Maintenance Supervisor Boston, Massachusetts
Job Ref: 37755
FISH MANUFACTURING CLIENT IN BOSTON MASS IS SEEKING A DAY SHIFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR WITH HANDS ON ELECTRICAL SKILLS, PLC TROUBLESHOOTING SKILLS. THIS IS A 24/7 MANUFACTURING PLANT SO THIS ROLE IS 100% ON CALL ALL THE TIME. SALARY RANGE IS 90-108K
Job Description: Maintenance Supervisor
Boston seafood processor is searching for an experienced maintenance supervisor. The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing a maintenance department in an industrial facility, preferably a food manufacturing facility.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the maintenance of an approximately 30,000 sq. ft. food processing facility.
- Managing a growing maintenance department.
- Prioritizing and delegating work to maintenance personnel, including scheduling, training, and hiring employees.
- Scheduling PM's of plant equipment and repairs around a busy production schedule.
- Hiring and overseeing contractors such as electricians, refrigeration contractors, plumbers, etc.
- Managing capital projects from start to finish, such as purchasing new equipment, making upgrades, etc.
- Creating work orders, issue purchase orders, purchasing replacement parts, and performing general maintenance when necessary.
- Inventory control and management for replacement parts and stock.
- Communicating with management on plant issues and working to improve plant operations.
- The ability to troubleshoot and solve mechanical and electrical issues. Knowledge of refrigeration and particularly ammonia refrigeration strongly preferred.
- Understanding of blueprints, drawings, schematics, P&ID's.
- General mechanical knowledge, including knowledge of electricity, motors, gear ratios, valves, conveyors, pumps, VFD's, PLC's, control wiring, refrigeration, and hydraulics.
- Basic Computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, and preferably maintenance software such as MP2.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask — must be able to do and oversee many different jobs at the same time.
- Ability to see the big picture and make changes where needed.
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to take direction from Management.
- Flexibility with hours, including being on call when needed.
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness and ability to work in a cold/refrigerated environment.
- Willingness to train new employees.