Manufacturing Engineer Carteret, New Jersey
Job Ref: 37748
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN CARTERET NJ IS SEEKING A MANUFACTURING ENGINEER OUT OF FOOD MANUFACTURING. MUST COME OUT OF FOOD MANUFACTURING SALARY RANGE IS 120-130K PLUS BONUS. DEGREE AND FOOD MANUFACTURING ARE MANDATORY FOR THIS ROLE.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for identifying, developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing processes across our network of 3 facilities. You will be creating new opportunities for increased performance and applying improvement methodologies from idea to implementation of business best practices including but not limited to yield improvement, labor utilization, overhead spend, capital utilization, indirect spend, plant utilization and efficiency, and working with both raw material and finished goods.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Leads or participates in improvement initiatives to eliminate waste and non-value-added work utilizing standard practices such as Lean, Six Sigma, and problem solving.
- Supports the development and validation of new capacity and processes.
- Develops proposals that include return on investment, benefits, and alternatives for special projects.
- Works closely with operations and plant personnel to develop or enhance new processes across the supply chain workstreams.
- Applies statistical analysis to products and processes to assure meeting customer requirements while optimizing operations.
- Provides coaching and continuous improvement training to supply chain personnel.
- Facilitates cross-functional improvement teams or improvement events.
- Partners with organizational leaders and others to identify areas of process improvement and recommends solutions through the lens of lean thinking.
- Analyzes processes and procedures to identify and develop strategies to improve safety, quality, increase capacity and improve productivity.
- Utilizes change management strategies for implementation.
- Performs analytics and conducts reporting to support organizational initiatives through advanced knowledge of organizational data and processes.
- Demonstrates project management proficiency by defining project requirements and project milestones, tracking progress, resolving problems, communicating progress, and recommending / executing actions.
Qualifications: Core Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to approach others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure, accept responsibility for own actions, and follow through on commitments.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be assertive and accountable for your own actions and results.
- Must be able to effectively express ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form in a professional manner including grammar, punctuation, detail oriented and spelling.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical degree preferred; or minimum (4) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- (3 -5) years’ experience in role such as continuous improvement, project, or process engineering (food manufacturing experience preferred).
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is desirable but not mandatory.
Work is performed both in office and on a food manufacturing production floor. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours with at least 40 hours a week. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, dead-lines, and other concerns.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.