MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Job Ref: 37745
COFFEE MANUFACTURING PLANT IN CHERRY HILL NEW JERSEY IS SEEKING TWO MECHANICS. LOOKING FOR TWO MAINTENANCE MECHANICS ON NIGHT SHIFT 7PM-7AM. THE WORK SCHEDULE HERE IS SUNDAY , MONDAY, TUESDAY AND EVERY OTHER WEDNESDAY. THEY WILL GET A TON OF OT THEY WORK ABOUT 48 HOURS A WEEK SO ANYTHING OVER 40HRS HERE IS TIME IN A HALF. ALSO GREAT BENEFIT PACKAGE HERE THEY PAY FOR THE EMPLOYEES MEDICAL BENEFITS 100% . THEY ALSO GET A RETENTION BONUS AND PRODUCTION BONUS WHEN THE PLANT HITS THERE GOALS FOR THE YEAR. ITS A UNION PLANT SO PAY RANGE IS $24.01-$29.33 DEPENDING ON HOW STRONG YOU INTERVIEW IS THE RATE YOU WILL RECEIVE.
The Mechanic performs all necessary maintenance tasks related to the facility, equipment and processes for the roasting, grinding and packaging of coffee and tea products while following all safety, food safety and quality specifications. This position performs the required troubleshooting and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation repairs on Plant Equipment. Working along with Line Operators, the Mechanic provides expertise to ensure that sufficient product is produced and optimal efficiencies are maintained to satisfy production requirements.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
? Troubleshooting mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical machine issues.
? Performing mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical repairs to machinery and facility as required.
? Performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on all plant machinery.
? Performing PLC and instrumentation repairs / adjustments and calibration as required.
? Maintaining clean and serviceable toolbox in accordance with to all food safety and customer regulations.
? Adhering to all lock out and tag out procedures.
? Operation and cleaning of all machinery.
? Performing facility building and grounds maintenance.
? Assisting roasting department in Thermal Cleanouts of roaster and cleaning of green bean dust collector.
? Following all documented maintenance procedures.
? Completing all work order paperwork and processing.
? Adjusting process variables as required ensuring product specifications are met.
? Performing maintenance / machine adjustments to keep process in efficient operation.
? Communicating with packaging personnel and management to ensure coordination between processing, packaging, quality and maintenance.
? Relieving Line Operators for breaks and lunch periods when assigned.
? Understanding and be able to perform all duties required on all machinery.
? Maintaining Maintenance Shop in conformance to all sanitation and food safety requirements.
? General housekeeping as required to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
? Working overtime as directed with little or no advance notice.
? Rapidly responding to operator calls for assistance.
? Notifies management when product specifications cannot be achieved.
? Operates within standard operating procedures (SOP’s), Job Safety Analyses (JSA’s) and GFSI requirements at all times.
? Operates a forklift as required.
? Completes daily, weekly and monthly maintenance logs as required.
? Communicates with operators to ensure a smooth transition of operations.
? Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment at all times.
? Turns off equipment when not in use.
? Performs “On-The-Job” Training for new employees and back up operators as required.
? Performs other duties as may be assigned by management personnel as required.
? Performs and/or assists in tooling changes on all equipment as needed
? Monitors and observes all production machinery during operation to identify maintenance issues
? Performs light fabrication of parts needed for repair and/or modification
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, arithmetic and communication skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Manual dexterity required for repairing machinery, operating machinery and associated sampling and quality measurement equipment.
3. Ability to operate computerized human machine interfaces.
4. Ability to operate and navigate programmable logic computers, work station computers and computer programs.
5. Prior experience as a journeyman mechanic / electrician in a manufacturing environment.
6. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required.
7. Ability to climb stairs and ladders as required to access equipment.
8. Must be a plant Certified Fork Lift Operator.
9. Must operate Manlift.
10. Proficient in use and knowledge of hand and power tools.
11. Experienced in the safe use of machined shop equipment such as Lathe, Band Saw, Grinding Tools, Drill Press.
12. Ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical drawings.
13. Knowledge of Lockout/Tagout programs.
14. Ability to weld small projects.
15. Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and temperatures.
16. Ability to perform landscaping duties to include mowing, edging, tree trimming, weed removal and sign repair.
17. Able to shovel snow and remove ice.
18. Ability to perform roof repairs and roof drain cleaning.
19. General knowledge of plumbing and sewer drain cleaning.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials, product, and machinery parts up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to climb ladders and stairs to access various equipment.
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include (but not limited to):
? Safety Glasses / Face Shields
? Hearing Protection
? Hairnets (And Beard Nets, If Required)
? Fire Extinguishers
Strict adherence to Plant Safety Rules is required at all times. Loose fitting clothing is not permitted.
Strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices is required at all times.
The use of clean gloves is required for all coffee handling.
Plant GFSI requirements must be followed at all times