Process Engineering Manager Fort Worth, Texas
Job Ref: 37711
Beverage Manufacturing Plant needs a Process Engineering Manager in Fort Worth Texas, They need to have aseptic experience and liquid fill. So they must come out of beverage nothing else. Prefer the person to sit in Dallas Fort Worth Texas, but open to having this person sit in the following cities and states City of Industry, California, West Jordan, Utah, Jacksonville, Florida, Mount Crawford, Virginia, Minster, Ohio or Bridgeton, New Jersey. Salary range is 120-135k with 18% bonus. Again they have to have aseptic and Beverage and Liquid Fill.
We have an opening in our corporate engineering team for a Process Engineering Manager. This position will be based at one of our United States manufacturing facilities located in Fort Worth, Texas, Dallas, Texas, City of Industry, California, West Jordan, Utah, Jacksonville, Florida, Mount Crawford, Virginia, Minster, Ohio or Bridgeton, New Jersey.
In this role you will effectively support all current manufacturing processes and work with business stakeholders to design and implement new processes and equipment to improve efficiency, food quality, and food safety. This position develops preliminary design presentations for project evaluation and securing approval and will interface with all levels of plant and corporate personnel, contractors, suppliers, marketing, Research & Innovation, QA and legal departments and practices sound technical, communication and negotiation skills that ensure the successful implementation of process improvement project scope and budget.
This role does require extensive process knowledge in Dairy beverage and cultured products, Batching/Blending, HTST (High Temperature Short Time), HHST (Higher Heat Shorter Time), UHT (Ultra High Temperature), Centrifugal Separators, Membrane Filtration (Micro Filtration, Ultra Filtration, Nano Filtration and Reverse Osmosis), Homogenizers, 3A, FDA, PMO, as well as expertise in equipment and piping cleaning and sanitation: CIP, COP, SIP, Sterilization, Disinfection, and expertise in membrane filtration equipment for water, dairy and plant based applications.
Up to approximately 45% travel (or higher) is required as determined by the project’s success and schedule.
Additionally in this role you will/be:
- Understand and document current processes, identify areas for improvement, develop solutions for future states including automation, where applicable, and implement sustaining improvements
- Optimize current processes to meet all customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Be proficient in visual communication of relevant information to Operations, including the reporting of historical events / trends to support root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate project management experience in placing new equipment and processes into operation.
- Utilize proven decision making skills, working effectively under pressure, and possessing the integrity to make the right decisions.
- Responsible for the overall project budget inclusive of managing accurate cash flow through purchase orders and invoice receiving using SAP
- Utilize contracted resources to ensure the correct expertise is fully utilized to achieve project scope.
- Delegate project tasks ensuring that key project initiatives/objectives, scope, budget and timelines are uninterrupted and met
- Develop relationships and solicit input into process improvement design considerations from key technical resources, plant operations managers, supervisors, maintenance personnel, and operators to facilitate the seamless process improvement project implementation into operation.
- Facilitate process feasibility studies and plant operations impact studies, including completion of design concepts, plant layouts, and capital estimates.
- Develop process engineering documentation including plant layouts, equipment specifications, design of experiments (DOE), process standards, and process best practices
- Develop internal policies, guidelines, standards, technical specifications, procedures, documentation and facilitating training on current and new processes across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- You have a bachelors degree in an engineering discipline, required. PMP Certification and / or a Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing certification(s) is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 5 -7 years Process Engineering Project experience required, preferably in CPG beverage/food manufacturing. Additionally you have at least 3 years’ experience with yogurt processes, 10+ years is ideal. Plant Based Beverage (PBB) experience is strongly preferred.
- You have strong process engineering knowledge with mechanical/electrical/controls aptitude
- You have yogurt processing knowledge [Set Type, Stirred Type, and Drink Type], including starter injection, Pasteurization, Homogenization, De-aeration, HHST Treatment, Membrane Filtration, Flavoring, Cooling.
- You have strong knowledge of plant operations, utilities, maintenance, and Dairy Beverage and Yogurt processing [including raw ingredient storage, ingredient delivery, batching (ingredient incorporation), Processing (Sterilization), and Clean-In-Place (CIP) equipment and methods]
- You are proficient in MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and have knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Project. Working experience of Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC Programming system is a plus.
- You have solid communication skills, both verbal and written as well as strong presentation skills, as well as ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.You are able to take an intuitive, common sense approach to addressing technical opportunities.
- You are highly self-directed and able to work independently as well as work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others. Open to considering additional information or ideas when formulating solutions.
- You have the ability to use knowledge, facts, data and professional insights to effectively solve problems and put in place best practice solutions
- You are exceptionally organized and self-disciplined to accommodate the management of concurrent multiple projects
- You are a fast learner and quickly adapt to change
- You have a solid understanding of food safety regulations – PMO, 3A and FDA Food Safety knowledge / experience required and solid understanding of Safety and Environmental regulations – OSHA, EPA and CFR.