Maintenance Reliability Supervisor PORTLAND, Oregon
Job Ref: 37708
MAINTENANCE & RELIABILITY SUPERVISOR OPENING IN PORTLAND OREGON ON DAY SHIFT. THIS IS A DAY SHIFT OPENING AND IT PAYS 80-90K. THIS WILL BE FOR A SMALL FROZEN YOGURT PLANT SO DAIRY IS A HUGE PLUS.
- What is the salary structure and bonus structure?
- This is a level 9 role eligible for 13% STI bonus (annual). Targeting 80-90K range. Lump Sum Relocation ($7500 NET) assistance is available, although local is preferred. Comprehensive benefits including unlimited paid time off, 401K, health insurance, 18 weeks paid parental leave, and more!
- How many total employees are there in the Portland Plant?
- Roughly 50 employees, 2 production lines. 24/5 production schedule. Shift: Mon-Fri daytime hours
- This position supports only one facility correct?
- How many direct reports does this position have?
- 5-7 maintenance technicians
- Who does this position directly report to?
- Reports into the Maintenance Manager who reports into Plant Director
ABOUT THE JOB: We have an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor in our Portland, Oregon plant. As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for working with and developing, managing and leading a world-class maintenance organization for maintaining the Company's long-term competitiveness. This position requires the ability to demonstrate excellent team building, people management, and leadership skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills, including face to face, written, and presentation skills, and excellent external and internal functional/ cross-functional communications skills.
Additionally, in this role you will:
- Oversee and direct technician assignments across all shifts, basing decisions on manpower, technical ability, knowledge, and production priorities.
- Communicate and coordinate with Plant Operations Leaders and Engineering leaders to determine the most efficient and timely corrective action in response to equipment breakdowns.
- Track corrective and preventive maintenance activities ensuring activities are reducing downtime.
- Ensure technicians are creating work orders to document activities, and entering accurate and thorough information.
- Verify assigned work orders are completed in a timely manner and work quality is acceptable
- Manage and approve technician work hours, vacation, sick days, etc.
- Perform technician coaching, reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the activities across all shifts.
- Ensure successful leadership and integration of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) processes into the overall organization.
- Effectively communicate RCM strategy, goals and results across the organization as it relates to Maintenance and within the Maintenance Organization.
- Establish and influence the use of best practices and strategic benchmarks for assessing maintenance processes.
- Define and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for measuring progress.
- Develop training programs and development/progression plans for technicians.
- Develop strategic partnerships across the company and with third party contractors to increase overall reliability.
- Develop and manage cross-functional improvement strategies.
- Identify opportunities in establishment of the RCM model, assess progress and develop strategic programs for addressing the opportunities.
- Lead and direct effective interactions and positive cooperation through work relationships between all levels of the organization
- Champion the organizations values by leading best practices in maintenance by supporting Safety and Quality initiatives.
- Ensure the maintenance and operation of the equipment, systems, and processes for the overall facility meet compliance standards of all external regulatory agencies to include: PMO, OSHA, EPA, FDA and all other applicable regulations.
- You will have a HS Diploma or GED, required. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering discipline is strongly preferred.
- You have 1-3 years experience in food / dairy / beverage manufacturing or similar processing environment. Minimum 3-5 years' experience in developing, leading, and executing proven maintenance reliability programs, management of maintenance budgeting processes, and frontline maintenance leadership.
- Equivalent combination of education that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required is acceptable in lieu of degree. Prior experience in Food/Beverage/Dairy manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- You have computer proficiency: Excel, Word, Power Point
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- You have ability to anticipate problems and initiate corrective measures
- You have the ability to work independently with flexibility and make informed, data-driven decisions
- You have the ability to work under pressure
- You are able to contribute to and fulfill responsibilities on a cross-functional team
- You are able to contribute enthusiasm, support and cooperation in performing job duties and responsibilities on a daily basis
- You have strong attention to detail