Sr. Project Engineer Chicago, Illinois
Job Ref: 37701
SR. PROJECT ENGINEER OPENING IN CHICAGO ILLINOIS. BELOW IS THE INFO WE ARE LOOKING FOR. SALARY RANGE IS 145-155K MUST HAVE LEADING CAPITAL PROJECTS EXPERIENCE & FOOD OR BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Process Project Manager that has 8-10 years +
- experience leading Capital Projects and has strong Project Management experience, has
- Must have Leadership Capability experience – leading teams of 5+ direct reports,
- Should have CPG or Food & Bev experience
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree – preferred
- Must have stretch=/capability to grow beyond this role
- Compensation: range 120K-155K base + 15% bonus eligibility
- Candidate must have experience leading Capital Project Mgmt. in Food & Bev. Industry
- Capital projects 10M+
- Chemical/Mechanical Engineer preferred
- Experience managing several mfg. sites
- Ability to work cross functional with R&D, Sr. Executive Leadership
- Ideal candidate must have corporate & mfg. experience – mix of both
- Ideal candidate started in the field and executed projects at the plant capital projects and moved into sector role
Job Description: Sr. Project Engineer
Provide engineering support to Company’s Supply Chain, by working on major capital capacity, innovation, and cost management projects as well as infrastructure work and strategic initiatives.
The individual in this position will provide capital project management and/or project oversight for major CAPEX approvals at Company’s North American manufacturing locations. This position works closely with Operations, Marketing, Package and Product Development, Procurement and external suppliers. This position is responsible for driving standardization and serving as a technical liaison to plants.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Proven capital project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
High proficiency in negotiating with vendors, contractors and consultants.
Functional excellence in packaging, processing, capital project management, TPM and LSS processes.
Proven leadership in troubleshooting/problem solving in manufacturing environment.
Solid understanding of finance, product/project cost tracking and reporting.
Self-motivated, results & action oriented.
Strong team building skills required to manage and lead cross-functional teams.
Experience in managing direct reports, exempt and non-exempt.
Computer skills to include strong familiarity with computer maintenance management systems, reporting/tracking software, Excel, MS Project, etc.
Proficiency with basics of finance, product cost accounting and statistical process control. Able to effectively manage and track project spending and report financials on a regular basis.
Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
BS Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
Minimum of 12 years of project engineering experience, with a focus on process design and project management.
Solid understanding of plant maintenance operations.
Able to travel; individual can expect to be out of the office approximately 30% of the time to facilitate and manage plant projects.
Individual project CAPEX expenditure experience should be in excess of $5.0MM.
Note : COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation