Human Resources Manager Grande Saline, Texas
Job Ref: 37697
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER OPENING IN GRAND SALINE TEXAS. 110-130K WITH BONUS. UNDERGROUND SALT MINE AND PACKAGING PLANT. MUST HAVE UNION EXPERIENCE OR DO NOT APPLY. SALARY RANGE IS 120-130K WITH 13% BONUS AND AN ADDITIONAL BONUS FOR RELOCATION THATS HOW THIS COMPANY DOES RELOCATION .
- How many direct reports does this role have and who are they?. One person Administrative Assistant
- Who does this position report to? Human Resouces Director
- Is there a yearly bonus with this role as well? 13% target
- How many total employees are there at the facility? 140
- Is this a unionized plant, if so do candidates need to have experience with contract negotiations, labor relations, etc.? Yes. Chemical Workers. Yes on labor experience
- Is this an underground mine, and packaging facility? Yes on both.
The Grand Saline, Texas HR Manager (HRM) will provide strategic and tactical leadership in elevating site performance in the areas of recruitment, employment, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, employee development, training, and special projects.
– design, manage and execute training, policies & programs that improve performance, communication, culture, and plant results while ensuring fairness and safety.
- Establish site-based programs to foster an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Analyze trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations, and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Serve as Affirmative Action coordinator and follow required guidelines; and
- Ensure policies and procedures are administered in a lawful and consistent manner.
– manage contract negotiations and day-to-day employee issues.
- Research local market to assess compensation competitiveness; determining if and where pay adjustments should be made within the bargaining units and hourly workforce, in conjunction with Corporate Compensation Manager and Regional HR;
- Create and maintain a cooperative and team-based relationship between management and the local union.
- Serve as plant contact and company representative with government agencies (e.g. State Employment office, Department of Labor, EEOC, NLRB, OFCCP,);
- Represent the company and serve as the company spokesperson during grievance meetings and disciplinary meetings with employees; and
- Stay abreast of changes in employment and labor laws keeping management updated of any significant changes in the regulations.
– manage entire recruiting lifecycle
- Lead the efforts to solicit, hire and train qualified employees.
- Build external staffing relationships to assist hiring efforts during peak periods; and
- Position brand as “employer of choice” in, and around, Grand Saline.
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally Human Resources Mgmt. or related field);
- Minimum of 5 years HR experience (Labor experience preferred); and
- Preferred experience within the following: Manufacturing, Mining, Health & Safety/MSHA, SAP.