Controls Engineer Fresno, California
Job Ref: 37671
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled electrical/electronic support to all areas as needed.
Position Title: Controls Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Shifts and Time may vary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment including, but not limited to programmable logic controllers, power supplies, motor starters, variable frequency drives, sensors and gauges, and test equipment.
• Maintains site video camera systems and support hardware
• Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during machine service.
• Advises operators and mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
• Informs appropriate management and mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
• Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Recommends spare parts and materials needed to keep inventory on hand
• Documents and maintain daily paperwork.
• Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting
• Comply with OSHA Safety, NEC, and, HACCP.
• Help develop best practicesprocesses and training as needed
• Understanding and providing good customer service is fundamental
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Able to generate, edit and interpret electrical drawings and schematics
• Systems instrumentation controls troubleshooting & configuration
• PLCHMI troubleshooting and program edits and changes
• Able to work on high voltage AC supply feed circuits and systems
• Knowledge with NEC, NFPA 70E/ARC Flash and firm understanding of Ohms Law.
• Proficient working Knowledge of PLC’s (CLX, SLC, S7, etc.), PID control loops, Communication protocols troubleshooting & configuration (Ethernet, Device net, and Control Net.), VFD’s, and other control devices (RTD’s, Level sensor, etc.)
• Ability to follow detailed written or oral instructions with minimal direction
• Ability to lead structured problem solving in a team environment
• Excellent organizational and communications skills.
• Ability to work within a team environment and with external partners.
• Must be self-motivated and able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment
• Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, train Electricians, operations, and customers.
• Four-year degree or equivalent amount of relevant experience and education
• 10+ years of related manufacturing industry experience in a supervisory capacity is preferred
• Nut roasting/frying, packaging, nut butter processing experience preferred
• Must have computer skills – the ability to work with Excel and Microsoft word
• Available to work weekends and overtime when required.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to effectively communicate ideas (verbally and in writing), be a self-starter and handle difficult reporting situations.
• Must be able to keep good attendance and maintain a positive work environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moder