Controls Engineer Moreno Valley,
Job Ref: 37660
Primary responsibilities are to assist Engineering and Maintenance in design, development, optimization and maintenance of automated material handling equipment and warehouse control systems in all the Distribution Centers. The Controls Engineer will design overview control systems for industrial material handling solutions. This includes development of specifications, device layout drawings, control schematics, PLC logic, SCADA systems and implementing solutions which deliver exceptional value. Controls Engineer will also work closely with project teams to design systems which meet or exceed the project requirements.
Controls Function: Supporting Projects
- Perform on-site commissioning, to implement and validate Control Systems design with Integrator.
- Review vendor’s Control Systems specifications and scope documentation.
- Create Controls sequence of operation document, to ensure that the design meets our expectation.
- Design/overview system layouts, schematics and control devices
- Maintain a Control Systems progress schedule that relates to project milestones for each project.
- Prepare/overview schematics and specifications for control panel fabrication.
Controls Function: Optimize and Support Distribution Center Control Systems
- Provide/overview documentation and support for field wiring.
- Optimize/troubleshoot and write (PLC) Programmable Logic Controller programs.
- Configure HMIs and RTUs.
- Configure and troubleshoot SCADA systems.
- Perform Control Systems modeling and simulation.
- Work closely with Warehouse Control Systems team to investigate/integrate Controls solutions.
Provide guidance/direction in assistance with Lead Engineer to train and guide Controls Technicians for all sites.
- Provide Control Systems technical support and training to local users.
- Work closely with DC Operations and Distribution Engineers, for achieving Controls reporting and dashboard.
- Design and implement Control Systems changes and improvements.
- Controls Function: Perform other Control Systems related tasks/duties as assigned.
- May require travel.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Technical Acumen
Qualification, Skills and Qualities
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited university.
- Relevant course work in Control Systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of ADC/DAC systems, controls modeling and simulation tools.
- Basic skills in MATLAB/Simulink.
- In-depth understanding of computer networks.
- Have a strong interest in Industrial Automation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines.
- Willing to learn and grow with the Company.
- Demonstrate creative thinking.
- Energetic, friendly, outgoing, and proactive personality.
- Have experience with Allen-Bradley HW/SW platforms.
- Hands-on experience with industrial networks.
- Proven skills with use of AutoCAD
- Have experience with SCADA systems. Configuring HMIs and RTUs.
- Effective programming skills in C/C++ and IEC-61131-3 languages.
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
No Supervisory Responsibilities
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.