SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER Springfield, Oregon
Job Ref: 37650
ICE CREAM MANUFACTURING PLANT IS SEEKING A SENIOR HR MANAGER IN EUGENE OREGON. MUST HAVE UNION EXPEREINCE AND HAVE WORKED IN LARGE PLANTS. NO JUMPY RESUMES. LABOR RELATIONS EXPEREINCE IS A MUST. SALARY RANGE IS 130-150K FULL RELO AND MUST HAVE BACHELORS DEGREE AND FOOD MANUFACTURING.
- onus structure?
- This is a level 8 role eligible for 18% STI bonus (annual). Max salary is $150K. Relocation assistance is available. Comprehensive benefits including unlimited paid time off, 401K, health insurance, 18 weeks paid parental leave, and more!
- How many total employees are there in the Eugene Plant?
- Roughly 200 employees in the Eugene plant. Roughly 50 in the Portland plant.
- This position oversees only one facility correct?
- This role will also oversee the Portland, Oregon facility, but will be based in the Eugene plant. There is an onsite HRG in Portland. Occasional travel will be needed to the Portland plant as business needs dictate. (I don’t have a set percentage)
- How many direct reports does this position have?
- 2 direct reports. 1 HRG in Eugene and 1 HRG in Portland
- Who does this position directly report to?
- Reports into the SR HR Director for Manufacturing who is based in Florida, with a strong dotted line to the SR Plant Director who oversees both Portland and Eugene plants. The PD splits his time between the two plants.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior HR Manager
ABOUT THE JOB
The mission of our Human Resources team is to cultivate Company's unique culture and help the business sustainably grow. Company has an opening for a Senior HR Manager based in its Eugene, Oregon (Springfield, Oregon) manufacturing facility. In this role, you will function as the point-of-contact for all plant associates and leaders and support the manufacturing operations in Eugene, Oregon which is located approximately 2 hours south of Portland, Oregon. This role will also support the Portland, Oregon manufacturing location, based from Eugene. The Eugene, Oregon plant is a unionized facility comprised of approximately 200 team members, manufacturing. The Portland plant is a unionized facility comprised of approximately 55 employees, manufacturing.
In this role, you will build strategic organizational capability across the business and collaborate with plant business leaders and HR COEs to support and lead site labor & employee relations, recruitment, talent management, culture, and the facilitation of various HR programs. Competitive salary, benefits and relocation assistance are available for this role. This role will report directly to the Sr Human Resources Director, Manufacturing, with a strong dotted line reporting to the Plant Director, and will hve 2 Direct Reports.
- You have a bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources Management or related field, required. A master’s degree in HR Management and/or current HR Certification (PHR/SPHR/SHRM-SCP) is preferred.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible HR experience supporting diverse client groups, with at least 5 years’ experience within a manufacturing / industrial / supply chain environment, required.
- Prior HR experience within a unionized manufacturing / industrial / supply chain environment is required, preferably at least 3 years of prior labor/union relations experience.
- You have experience successfully leading, coaching, developing, and building high-performing teams.
- You have demonstrated ability building and leveraging strong relationships while influencing, persuading, and inspiring diverse teams.
- You possess professional agility, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and adaptability in a fast-changing business environment.
- You can lead with respect, confidence, and managerial courage in challenging environments. You can partner with leadership to develop and execute long-term strategic plan and vision for the plant.
- You possess broad HR knowledge with a working knowledge and understanding of HR principles, policies, processes, and technology. You have demonstrated ability to build quantifiable metrics, while analyzing and interpreting data.
- You can manage complex employee relations & labor relations matters, including investigations, grievances, and ethics complaints. You can provide support and coaching to mitigate risk for the company and ensure employee rights.
- You have a commitment to continuous improvement, developing best practices, driving for results, and finding solutions.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.