Production Supervisor Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Ref: 37648
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR OPENING IN SALT LAKE CITY UTAH AT A LARGE ORGANIC MILK PLANT. DAY SHIFT ON A 12 HOUR 3,2,2,3 SCHEDULE. HOURS ARE 6AM-6PM. SALARY RANGE IS 80-90K . MUST HAVE A STRONG LEAN BACKGROUND IN HIGH SPEED MANUFACTURING AND STRONG LEADERSHIP SKILLS.
- What is the salary structure and bonus structure?
- Level 9 role, targeting $80-90K but there is flexibility if needed to go higher for all star candidate. 13% STI bonus potential, Comprehensive benefits including unlimited paid time off, 401K, health insurance, 18 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Relocation: $7500 lump sum relocation eligible
- How many total employees are there in the Plant?
- Approximate 120 employees, non unionized plant.
- How many direct reports does this position have?
- Approximately 15-20
- Who does this position directly report to?
- Operations Manager. Day shift schedule—2/2/3 rotating schedule, 6a-6p
JOB DESCRIPTION: Production Supervisor
In this role you will provide first-level support to front line employees in the manufacturing plant.
This position is a day shift position but will provide vacation coverage for night shift supervisors.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing and mobilizing a team of hourly associates to ensure Safety, Quality, and Productivity goals are met.
- Driving accountability through strong leadership and setting consistent expectations.
- Working cross functionally with other departments within operations to ensure production requirements
- Promoting a positive team atmosphere and champion involvement of all employees.
- Regular, formal, and informal evaluations and feedback of the performance of hourly associates.
- Validation of time and attendance through daily and weekly reviews of your employee timecards utilizing the Dayforce payroll system.
- Addressing employee concerns; elevate to next level leadership as needed
- Administering discipline as required for job performance, attendance, or any other violations.
- Ensure adherence to plant standards (including but not limited to GMP, AIB, FDA, DaMaWay, Quality, Safety, Finance, ISO)
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with in-coming operators in front of daily management board(s) to discuss topics related to previous shift, SQCDMN metrics, and general plant communication
- Studying manufacturing production and shipping schedules, identify gaps and risks while collaborating with the manager and peers to balance work schedule
- Ensuring departmental compliance with company's policies and procedures
- Ensuring departmental SOPs are current and utilized by all hourly associates; will also provide necessary job specific training as warranted.
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives within the department
- Improving and maintaining communicated performance standards for the department; managing with the flexibility to react as needed when breakdowns arise
- Performing root cause analysis, problem solving, and follow-up related to operational and safety incidents within the department
- Develop root cause analysis using 5-Why, Fishbone diagram, etc. to re-align operational performance with goals and objectives
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts including but not limited to AM, PM management, 5S, DMS, etc.
- Ensure sound communication systems are in place so all employees are aware and can participate in continuous improvement of the operation.
- Manage shift employees to ensure compliance to all SOP’s, QAR’s, Plant Rules, and ISO Standards, including non-conformance management.
- Responsible for the operational performance of the assigned shift
- You have a high school or GED, required. A Bachelor's degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, or business related field, is preferred.
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing/packaging environment, required. Previous supervisory experience within a food/beverage environment is preferred. Familiarity with CIP/HAACP/FDA is also preferred.
- You have demonstrated continuous improvement and/or lean manufacturing experience.
- You have excellent analytical, troubleshooting, conflict management and problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrated planning, communication, and supervisory skills, required.
- You have availability to work any shift which could include weekends, nights, and holidays, required.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have resourcefulness and decision-making ability.
- You can work under pressure and potentially stressful conditions.
- You are self-motivated and a self-starter and able to work independently toward departmental objectives under minimal direction.