Senior Electromechanical Controls Engineer Lake Forest, California
Job Ref: 37632
Job Description: Senior Electromechanical Controls Engineer
Minimum Experience: 10 Years
4 Year Degree
The right candidate for this position will be able to design, develop, test, implement, validate, and document Electromechanical systems and test setups. Programing PLCs and test setups (e.g., Lab View) for operation and testing of the Electro-Mechanical Systems and Components for Quantum’s fuel storage systems.
Education and/or Experience
Engineering Degree or the equivalent of technical experience in the field of electromechanical components and systems control.
MS degree in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering is highly preferred.
LabVIEW, PLC programming, Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel), and Microsoft VISIO.
- Design, develop, test, implement, validate, and document Electromechanical systems and test setups. Programing PLCs and test setups (e.g., Lab View) for operation and testing of the Electromechanical Systems and Components.
- Create documents and flow charts to explain the scope and boundaries of the designed test setups and Software.
- Work with the Design, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineering teams in the development of Electro-Mechanical Systems and Components, Software, and related documentation.
- Conduct training sessions for shop operators, supervisors, and technicians to educate and understand new or revised equipment implementations, test setups, and software.
- Field and customer’s site implementation and debugging of systems and Software.
- Self-driven and team-working engineer with 10 years minimum experience in a production assembly/test environment.
- Experienced with Electro-Mechanical Systems and Components, test setups, data acquisition systems, and programming.
- Automotive manufacturing experience preferred with a basic understanding of requirements of QS9000 / TS16949.
Physical Job Requirements:
This position requires the Employee to spend a lot of their time on the production floor, working with the production personnel in the development and documentation of their responsible duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be required to stand for long periods of time, kneel, and crouch. Required to be able to lift 40Lb. In the office, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. This position involves occasionally lifting, up to 25 pounds.