Mechanical Engineer Lake Forest, California
Job Ref: 37631
Job Description: Mechanical Engineer
Reporting To: Manager, Engineering
Design, develop, test, and integrate high pressure gaseous fuel components and systems for use in CNG and Hydrogen automotive, truck, and virtual pipeline applications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead high pressure component and system designs.
· Experience working in a manufacturing and testing production environment.
· Generate and support design activities: DFMEA, ADVP&R, etc.
· Evaluate, select, and qualify supplier products and services.
· Outline and oversee or perform product verification and validation testing.
· Support field services and failure root cause analyses.
· Knowledge of material compatibility issues with hydrogen and natural gas.
· Ability to apply a systematic and logical approach to engineering and design processes.
· Perform analytic calculations; e.g. load and flow calculations.
· Ability to interface with customers, vendors, engineers and manufacturing personnel.
· High pressure gas component design, development, testing, and integration.
· CNG and Hydrogen compatible component selection.
· Software: LabVIEW, CAD (NX Unigraphics preferred)
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering + 5 years experience
Physical Job Requirements:
This position is primarily a sedentary office position with employee working in a controlled office environment however there will be occasions they will be working in the manufacturing and testing environment using various hand tools. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate hand tools, metal working/forming equipment, a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. This position involves occasionally lifting, up to 50 pounds.