EGEM (Maintenance Electrician) Santa Ana,
Job Ref: 37615
Plastics packaging manufacturing plant
The General Equipment Maintainer (GEM) will perform repairs, preventative and corrective maintenance on production machinery, plant blow mold equipment and facility. They are also responsible for following our company’s Good Manufacturing Practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies
• Install, adjust and repair blow mold, trimmers, palletizer and other related equipment
• Perform mold, neck tooling changes, pin and other equipment changes
• Inspect and replace pneumatic and hydraulic hoses
• Inspect, rebuild and replace valves and pumps
• Perform preventive maintenance on all related equipment
• Maintain machines in optimal processing condition
• Weld, fabricate, and repair various machines
• Troubleshoot, locate root problems and repair blow mold, baggers & support equipment
• May operate blow mold or injection machines
• Communicate with other departments on a frequent basis
• Other duties as assigned by management
The requirements listed below are minimum requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
• Basic mathematical skills are required.
• Basic computer experience.
• Prefer High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• May require a current OSHA forklift certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.