Plant Manager Des Plaines, Illinois
Job Ref: 37609
Need a Plant Manager in Des Plaines IL – close to O’Hare airport, it’s a nice location, near a residential area and is easily accessible. Candidate should have worked in an industrial manufacturing setting. Should have 5+ years as a PM, degree is preferred but may consider equivalent experience. Cultural fit is most important, someone who can get along with a diversified workforce, this site has 42 employees.
Currently the GM travels back and forth to this Des Plaines location but they need someone there onsite all the time. They have 42 employees there, a fairly small manufacturing site with a CNC shop & assembly.
Looking in 80k -95k salary range plus annual bonus – 15% of base processed in 1st quarter. Benefits effective date of hire. 50% insurance cost for dependents – 80/20 for employee. Interconnects based off oil and gas/energy, They make connectors and small cable assemblies for the oil and gas/energy sectors, the CNC shop makes all the components and goes to assembly to assemble the complete connector, they’re growing so this person will need to be involved in day to day processes, oversee processes and entire plant, good at mentoring, coaching, and training. They have many different personalities and backgrounds so they have to be adaptable.
They need someone onsite to who is effective at implementing structure and getting the facility to where they need it to be. They do 1 million to 1.5 million a month now and they’d like to double that in 3-5 years.
Des, Plaines IL
Plant Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of moderately complex manufacturing operations and deliver results that meet quality, customer service, safety, innovation and cost criteria. Formulates and approves short- and long-term operating objectives in areas such as cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development and/or integration as undertaken at the plant level. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high technology, manufacturing environment and works well in a matrix structure across all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the activities of the shop floor and follow established procedures and approved processes.
- Supervise all production operations such as machining, processing, and assembly.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver products in a timely fashion.
- Support the Quality Manager in ensuring proper implementation of all QMS Procedures & Practices at the manufacturing site
- Schedules production effectively by analyzing and using multiple data sources to develop strategic and tactical plans for workflow
- Strives to level load production schedules to ensure efficient and cost-effective production
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports production performance for Operations
- Determines product delivery dates based on material availability and labor capacity
- Planning, organizing, directing, and running optimum day-to day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Recommends labor and machine requirements to meet short- and long-term production schedules
- Ensures appropriate inventory for efficient production
- Monitors shipping risks and opportunities
- Participating in joint evaluations and investigations with engineering to assess product anomalies and provide root cause corrective action plans
- B.S. in Manufacturing or related field, will consider equivalent experience
- 5 years proven work experience as a Plant Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80k – $95k DOE
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (preferred) but will consider equivalent experience
- Plant Manager: 5 years (Preferred)