Safety Coordinator Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Ref: 37596
Job Description: SAFETY COORDINATOR – PHILDAELPHIA, PA
MUST HAVE FOOD MANUFACTURING
2nd Shift 11am-7:30pm
Company is currently seeking a Safety Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the country’s leading food manufacturers.
• Maintain compliance with all plant safety and environmental programs, including updating on an annual, or on as needed basis, all written safety plans. These programs will include but are not limited to: Hazard Communication, Lock out- Tag out, PPE, Emergency Response Plan, Bloodborne pathogens, confined space, hazard assessment, Covid-19 Prevention, etc.
• Safety Committee Facilitator: coordinate agenda, maintain attendance records and meeting minutes. Conduct periodic compliance audits and document any findings by generating work order.
• Ensure all safety and environmental inspections, recordkeeping and reporting is done accurately and on time.
• Responsible for initiating, coordinating, and conducting safety and health training, including weekly huddle meetings, new hire orientation and annual training of all plant employees.
• Responsible for leading and conducting employee incident investigations and root cause analysis.
• Ensure that relevant documents are kept current to including training records, environmental reports and any other state or federal documents.
• Assist with administration of Workers’ Compensation claims including, but not limited to, recordkeeping, consulting with health care providers, case managers and Nurse Case managers.
• Maintain effective communication between Company, Safety Department and Human Resources Department.
• Work closely with plant management in optimizing opportunities to reduce risks using Ergonomic evaluation, Job Safety Analysis, and make recommendations for correction.
• Plant Safety Audits
• Follow-up with Maintenance on all safety work orders for completion.
• Maintain current labor law postings.
• Drug Screening.
• Administer light duty – return to work program.
• Responsible for overseeing compliance with regular inspections to include, but not limited to; fire equipment, emergency response vehicle components, AED units, hoists, ladders, eye wash stations and stored respirators. Will also work with maintenance on plant inspections.
• Knowledge of Industrial Lift Truck Operation.
• Attend Workers’ compensation hearings on an as needed basis.
• Maintain the plants’ safety award and incentive program.
• Work closely with Human Resources Department.
• Ability to work in cold environment between 28 to 35 degrees.
• Periodic travel to our Baltimore, Maryland facility.
• 1-3 years’ of Safety work experience required.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Experience in a company with 500 + employees is preferred.
• Ability to speak Spanish or another language other than English is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations (General industry) a must
• 1st Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
• Understanding RMP and PSM a plus.
• Working with a diverse workforce.
• Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects, standing and/or walking for extended periods of times during busy hours.
• Frequently required to work in wet and cold environment between 28 to 35 degrees.
11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.