ENVIROMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY SUPERVISOR Hayward, California
Job Ref: 37578
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN HAYWARD CA NEEDS AN EH&S SUPERVISOR THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE BILINGUAL FOR THIS ROLE JUST OUT OF FOOD OR BEVERAGE PREFFERED. MUST HAVE DEGREE. SALARY RANGE IS 80-95K
Job Title: EHS SUPERVISOR
The EHS SUPERVISOR is responsible for providing technical safety and health support to the HAYWARD Plants. Essential functions include evaluating environmental, safety and health programs and coordinating Plant activities to support objectives. The EHS SUPERVISOR will influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with Ajinomoto safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. The EHS SUPERVISOR will provide oversite to the HAYWARD Plant to ensure compliance with all corporate EHS programs and policies.
- Evaluate Plant safety programs and make recommendations to update safety practices.
- Review process-operating procedures and provide input for safety and health considerations.
- Participate in new process reviews, including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
- Work with FSQA and Human Resources to develop and maintain trainings records and renewal calendars.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions.
- Develop and maintain equipment specific LOTO procedures and conduct employee training.
- Assist with the completion of administrative programs for the preparation, distribution and maintenance of written programs, policies, procedures and records such as SDS, lockout/tag out procedures and OSHA reporting.
- Support Behavior Based Safety (BBS) in driving participation, supplying critical data, coaching, and providing supervisor support.
- Review and report injury/illness and near-miss incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- Lead post-accident investigations, RCA and mitigation.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory environmental, health and safety requirements, such as PSM, RMP, SWPPP, etc.
- Support management's efforts to ensure compliance with Safety Program expectations by identifying and informing management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the completion of daily, weekly and monthly audits and inspections.
- Monitor safety and health regulations and provide technical support to the plant to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
- Engage in TPM to support and lead continuous improvement efforts within and outside your responsible department.
- Track and report monthly Safety Scorecard requirements.
- Collaborate with Production/Operations to evaluate operation procedures and analyze data to support continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the safety and health programs, policies, risk identification
and control strategies, and federal and state regulations preferred.
- Completion of OSHA 30 course required.
- Knowledge of auditing processes (ISO, OSHA, or equivalent guideline related) preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to focus on details required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others to achieve desired results.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills required.