Electrician Brookshire, Texas
Job Ref: 37557
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN BROOKSHIRE TEXAS NEEDS AN ELECTRICIAN ON A ROTATING SCHEDULE THEY WORK 3 WEEKS ON DAY SHIFT AND THEN THEY ROTATE TO NIGHTS FOR A WEEK THEN BACK TO DAY SHIFT FOR 3 WEEKS AND SO ON!!!
Salary: $30/hr +
3 weeks day then will work 1 week night shift
Non-union plant/Run 2 Shifts only
Job Description: Electrician
Company is looking for a person with excellent communication skills and professional demeanor who enjoys troubleshooting, problem solving , project handling, and the challenges of varied equipment maintenance.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
• Directs and participates in preventive and corrective maintenance as well as general maintenance of electrical equipment.
• Maintains daily works orders/records of equipment, inspections, preventive maintenance activities and produces periodic reports
• Able to read prints and wiring diagrams
• Able to read and interpret Electrical measuring equipment
• Troubleshoots repairs, replaces and programs VFDs, MCC components, and lighting control systems
• Troubleshooting and changing out electrical motors
• Able to use electrical testing instruments, power hand drills, soldering equipment, pipe tools, miscellaneous hand tools, material handling equipment, etc.
• Performs sophisticated electrical troubleshooting and repairs including wiring single/three phase motors
• Starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures and OSHA requirements for machine activation and shutdown.
• Previous experience working with voltages of 24 through 480 volts single and three phase equipment.
• Must hold a current Residential Wireman, Journeyman or Master electrician license
• Performs additional work required for the position
• Experience with installing electrical distribution panels and feeders.
• Instrumentation, PLC, and HMI experience preferred.
Licensed electrician in a manufacturing setting; plus 5 years experience and/or
training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.