Maintenance Manager Bryan, Texas
Job Ref: 37539
BAKERY PLANT IN Bryan Texas is looking for a Maintenance Manager with Bakery experience REQUIRED. Will pay some relo but prefer local candidates. salary Range is 100-120k must have a strong resume with some bakery on it. BAKERY MANUFACTURING IS REQURED OR DO NOT APPLY PLEASE
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing and providing strategic guidance to the maintenance team. This position is accountable for developing and adhering to the annual budget, developing and maintaining preventative maintenance plans on all plant equipment, implementing a strategy that provides direction towards autonomous maintenance, attending and participating in various organizational meetings. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for supervision of all direct and indirect reports in a way that is beneficial to all associates and helps to establish and maintain a positive relationship with them.
- Monitoring daily operation schedules for the department for accuracy and ensuring daily operational goals are realized
- Track key performance indicators of maintenance including quality, service, safety and cost. Share goals and guidelines for achieving the goals with facility leadership
- Lead the maintenance department to develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Perform a daily walk through of all areas of the facility, while having visibility on all shifts
- Ensure the maintenance team communicates with the operations team with.
- Partner with plant management and human resources team to ensure a culture of employee engagement
- Partner with the plant HR manager to ensure staffing requirements are met.
- Partner with plant safety manager to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Partner with plant quality manager to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Support Sr. Operations Director to develop operations annual budget by analyzing spending and allocation of resources
- Adhere to the approved operations annual budget and provide budget updates and adjustments as requested by the Operations Director or SVP of Operations.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required; preference for degrees in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Food Science
- Must have a minimum of ten years’ experience in a production facility; preferably in a food facility
- Prefer experience in a baking facilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be open to receiving performance feedback and be able to react to the feedback in a positive manner
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets; data bases and word processing
- SAP experience preferred
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes
- Self motivated, results orientated and excellent personal skills
- Strong background in HAACP; safety; GMP; and AIB
- Must have a hands-on work ethic
- Supervisory responsibilities include monitoring the performance of operations and maintenance management teams as well as the overall performance operations of all operations associates. These responsibilities include making final decisions on staffing needs; disciplinary actions; development and evaluation of work objectives and their effectiveness; and realigning operations work and associate’s assignments as necessary.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards
- Position requires the ability to stand; sit at a desk; walking around office and plant; lifting and carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; and reaching, kneeling, crawling and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see; hear; and communicate by utilizing professional etiquette with all levels of associates and with external vendors
- Must be willing to relocate to support business needs.
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth