Seamer Mechanic Anaheim, California
Job Ref: 37523
SEAMER MECHANICS OPENINGS ON 3RD SHIFT WITH A LARGE BEVERAGE COMPANY IN ANAHEIM CA. PAY RANGE IS 30-36HR. 3rd shift 9pm to 530am
Shifts: Swing shift
Location: Anaheim, CA
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service **
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Position Summary: Install, maintain, and repair machinery and equipment (e.g.- Seamers, conveyor systems, motors, pumps, production machines) in a beverage manufacturing establishment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Perform basic metal fabrication using hand tools, lathe and end mill.
- Repair bearings, belt sprockets, chains and gearboxes.
- Repair compressed air systems.
- Repair conveyor controls and devices.
- Perform conveyor lubrication and inspection, downline and fill room lubrication.
- Repair and inspect hydraulic powered equipment.
- Perform Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedures when necessary.
- Install and repair PVC, copper, stainless and steel pipe systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair pumps and valves.
- Adjust, repair and maintain various production equipment including, dud detector, cap sorter, bulk unloading system, silo system, chlorine injection systems, conveyors, depalletizers, labeling equipment, fillers, rinsers, shrink wrap machines, air dryers, case coders, blend room equipment, and other production systems and equipment.
- Maintain and repair HTST processes for process operations.
- Maintain and repair Nitrogen Injection systems.
- Maintain and repair Repack equipment.
- Maintain and repair Tea Brew system.
- Maintain and repair Clean in Place (CIP) systems.
- Change over, maintain, troubleshoot and repair fillers.
- Maintain and repair can level sensors and dud detectors.
- Change over, adjust, set up, maintain and repair can line seamers.
- Adjust and repair Vision and X-Ray Systems.
- Assist with training Maintenance Mechanics.
- Observes mechanical devices in observation and listens to their sounds to locate cause of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs and/or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and clean parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Set up and operate drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Maintain and document preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Initiate purchase order for parts.
- Perform troubleshooting, breakdown maintenance, welding and preventative maintenance on downstream equipment (e.g.- casers, multi-packers, palletizers).
- Competency with hand tools, power tools, welding and machine shop equipment.
- Master trainer of plant equipment.
- Other duties as assigned at discretion of management
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Work scheduled shift, weekends, and extended hours as required.
- To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each fundamental task listed above satisfactorily.
- Strong ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures, using whole, numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute, rate, ratio and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to understand, record and communicate product description and codes.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a Beverage/Food Manufacturing environment or equivalent technical training is preferred.
- Ability to weld, ARC and MIG (TIG), desired.