E-GEM (Electrical Maintenance Technician) COI City of Industry, California
Job Ref: 37520
1st or 3rd Shift
Must have plastics experience
We are an essential business and still hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic!
We incorporate our Guiding Principles into all aspects and at all levels of the organization and use them as a framework for decision-making. We believe our Guiding Principles foster a culture of excellence that benefits both employees and customers.
Our Guiding Principles
Act with Integrity & in Compliance
Drive Value Creation
Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
Focus on the Customer
Act with Humility
Treat others with Dignity and Respect
Seeking Fulfillment in your Work
The EGEM mechanic will inspect, repair, install, modify, and maintain electrical/electronic systems, circuits and other production equipment;
perform repairs, preventive and corrective maintenance on, plant equipment, production machinery and facility. Follow Good Manufacturing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
• Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems, electrical power supply and control circuits.
• Troubleshoot, locate root problems and repair blow molders, baggers & support equipment.
• Program and troubleshoot PLC systems.
• Perform mold, pin and other mechanical changes.
• Maintain machines in optimal processing condition.
• Perform hydraulic checks and changes on valves, hoses and pumps.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on all related equipment.
• Perform welding and fabrication as needed.
• Solicit information and feedback from other departments toward repair and efficient operation of machines.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
The requirements listed below are minimum requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; 3-5 years’ maintenance and electrical experience required.
• LANGUAGE SKILLS:
• The EGEM must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, forms, and memos and complete simple
forms in English.
• CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
May require a current OSHA forklift certifications
• Safe Work Practices
• Electro-mechanical skills
• Problem Solving in Production & Continuous Improvement
• Effective Communication
• Self Management
• Basic Computer Skills
We Believe in Rewarding our Most Important Resource – Our People!
We show our commitment to Total Rewards by providing a competitive, comprehensive benefits package. In addition to medical, dental and vision plans, company holidays and vacation days, tuition reimbursement, learning and training opportunities, bonus potential, and a 401(k) plan with company contributions, Altium Packaging locations offer rewards and recognition programs and opportunities to make a difference in the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.