MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR Matthews, North Carolina
Job Ref: 37512
PLASTICS PLANT IN MATTHEWS NC NEEDS A STRONG DAY SHIFT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR WITH STRONG HANDS ON SKILLS ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
Must have proven experience developing bench strength, performance mgmt, etc. Hiring range is $75-85. Could go a little higher for the right candidate with skills we need A proven LEADER.
Supervise employees and oversee all operations in the maintenance department. Position has the authority to release or remove from service equipment for use in all processes.
- Follow and support all Company Safety, GMP, HACCP policies
- Follow and support all Company ISO and QMS policies.
- Maintains the highest quality of services rendered and Gung Ho Spirit
- Drive work execution including using computer systems to track information
- Directly oversee work of maintenance staff to ensure machine uptime
- Assist in ensuring CAPA’s are completed in a timely manner
- Assist executing PM program
- Supervise the work of maintenance techs
- Assists with employee performance reviews and corrective actions
- Maintains good housekeeping in the shop and on the plant floor
- Trains new employees and performs weekly evaluations per department guidelines
- Provides technical direction for day-to-day activities
- Works with production and maintenance to improve systems and equipment
- Maintains a working knowledge of all plant utilities systems
- Other duties as assigned –Must be able to support a 24/7 site
Directly supervises Maintenance Leads, and carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems under the direction of the Maintenance Manager.
EDUCATION/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum education and years of experience should not be used exclusive of other leveling factors described below.
Education: Associates degree in electrical/mechanical.
Experience: In addition to the educational requirements incumbents must have 5 years of experience in an industrial maintenance field
Minimum education and years of experience should not be used exclusive of other leveling factors described below.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and skill in electrical systems including PLC’s
- Knowledge of and skill in domestic water systems including chillers
- Knowledge of and skill in fire protection
- Knowledge of and skill in pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of and skill in motors and drives
- Knowledge of and skill in air exhaust and supply systems
- Knowledge of and skill in resin handling systems
- Knowledge of LEAN and reliability best practices
- Ability to communicate serious or potential down time issues to managers
- Ability to supervise and direct the daily activities of the Maintenance Department.
- Ability to make practical decisions without appreciable direction or advance preparation
- Ability to perform payroll functions for Department.
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and order forms or checklists. Ability to speak effectively and professionally with co-workers, supervisor and vendors.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Reasoning skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in or from standardized situations.