EH&S Coordinator Oakland, Mississippi
Job Ref: 37504
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT OAKLAND MS
3-5 years EXPEREINCE, pref. Mfg. environment
1st Shift but needs to be flexible to accommodate all shifts
Pay: $60 – $70 range
Job Title: EHS Coordinator
- EHS Coordinator will be responsible for evaluating safety and health programs and coordinating plant activities to support objectives. The EHS Administrator will partner with department managers and provide on-going feedback to upper management on plant needs, training effectiveness, and management support.
- Evaluate plant safety programs and make recommendations to update safety practices
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis)
- Work with maintenance to review equipment specific LOTO procedures and conduct employee training
- Assist EHS Manager with the completion of administrative programs for the preparation, distribution and maintenance of written programs, policies, procedures and records such as SDS, lockout/tag out procedures and OSHA reporting
- Review process-operating procedures and provides input for safety and health considerations
- Supports and lead continuous improvement efforts
- Partners with department managers to assist in the creation of training documents that meet the needs of the department.
- Assist EHS and Human Resources Managers track and report monthly Safety scorecard requirements
- Utilize Learning Management Systems to delivery each job/topic training (classroom, hands-on OJT, simulations, team exercises, mentoring, videos and computer-based training).
- Support driving participation and completion of Leaders Helping Leaders Program
- Assist EHS Manager with reviewing injury/illness and near-miss incident investigation reports and continuance as necessary
- Support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with Safety Program expectations by identifying and informing management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits
- Work with FSQA and Human Resources to track and report monthly, quarterly, and yearly training program completion with accurate, up to date training records
- Supports the plant’s safety initiatives by providing hands-on LOTO, Machine Guarding, PPE, etc. training and education to include base training for new employees and temporary agency assignments
- Maintain a cross training program and criteria.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Safety, a related field or equivalent experience in a food manufacturing facility preferred.
- Project Management Skills: ability to organize priorities and effectively manage projects
- A passion and commitment to provide creative and innovative tools to help develop employee skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to make effective presentations; facilitate small-group problem solving; provide one-on-one training; give and receive constructive feedback; and work effectively with teams
- Effective writing skills, oral comprehension and expression, speech clarity, and reading comprehension
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the safety and health programs, policies, risk identification and control strategies to include auditing processes (OSHA or equivalent guideline related) preferred
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision
- Willingness to flex work schedule to accommodate training for shift employees
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Completion of OSHA 30 course preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others to achieve desired results
- Strong organizational skills and ability to focus on details required
- Bilingual skills a plus