Maintenance PLC Electrician-2nd shift Ontario, California
Job Ref: 37503
The Electrician will be responsible for performing preventative and predictive maintenance, repairs and installation of machinery and equipment, advanced diagnostic troubleshooting as well as complete teardown, rebuild and remanufacture of machinery and related systems. In addition, the Electrician will mentor the department technicians in all preventative and proactive maintenance functions of the equipment in production. This position is team oriented driven, with excellent communication within the departments as well as the ability to identify problems with team members before issues arise.
- Troubleshoot and replace faulty machine components such as (but not limited to): motors, drives, PLC controls, programming, commissioning/start-up of control systems, gearboxes, tooling equipment, Blow mold equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, AC and DC drives and control systems
- Executes daily machine checks, lubrication, machine start-up, clean-up, changeovers and adjustments to maintain the greatest operational efficiency.
- General Electrical work including but not limited to layouts; assembling, installing and testing of electrical apparatus, measuring, cutting, threading and bending conduit, and installing, modifying and repairing panel boxes, remote control equipment, motors, power and lighting circuits.
- Maintenance and calibration of micro-processor based control equipment, general instrumentation and electrical control systems to carry out first line diagnostic, troubleshooting and maintenance work.
- Read and understand electrical schematic diagrams as well as industrial three phase 240V and 480V power distribution and VFD wiring practices.
- Troubling shoot, program and/or replace Allen Bradley PLCs equipment
- Performs tests and calibration procedures using test equipment and instrumentation
- Operate various power tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, calipers, and, gauges in a safe and proficient manner
- Responsible for the planning and performing of preventive and predictive maintenance on Machinery
- Ability to complete all work in accordance with EPA,OSHA, NED, NFPA70 standards
- Responsible for maintaining the parts and supply inventory
- Excellent documentation and communication skills both oral and written
- Performs root cause failure analysis to eliminate repeat occurrences on maintenance issues
- Responsible to perform duties and activities as directed by management
- Maintain continuous improvement and comply with all safety requirements
- Perform variety of administrative duties and work of projects as assigned.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or equivalent in electromechanical technology or similar (industrial maintenance, electronics technology) a minimum of 5 years’ experience in high speed manufacturing environment.
- Technical training in electronics, electricity, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- PLC Programming
- 5 plus years in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in new equipment installation, welding and fabrication.
- Experience in areas such as plumbing, pipefitting, metalworking, welding and carpentry
- Understanding of OSHA, EPA and California Labor Laws.
- Computer Skills including working knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency in reading blueprints, P&ID, PLC code
- Technical drawings experience – ability to interpret said drawings
- 480 Volt 3 Phase and control systems
- Ability to work overtime when necessary, weekends and other shifts including graveyard shift
- Performs repairs and maintenance functions with a sense of urgency.
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing or 5S experience
- Must meet deadlines and deliver quality results
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, complexity and work within a fast paced, dynamic environment
Working Conditions: The production facility is within an indoor/outdoor, industrial environment and is not climate controlled. Technician will regularly enter areas that require the use of stairs or ladders, respirator protection, and enter closely confined spaces.