Maintenance Mechanic Toluca, Illinois
Job Ref: 37495
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC OPENINGS ON 3RD SHIFT IN TOLUCA ILINOIS WITH A LARGE GROWING FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT. GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GROW WITH A VERY LARGE FOOD MANUFACTURING COMPANY.
2 2ND SHIFT OPENING
1 3RD SHIFT OPENING
LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
FOOD OR BEVERAGE MANUFACTURING IS A PLUS
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
The Maintenance Mechanic will perform maintenance on the facility and its utilities. Essential Functions include performing preventative maintenance tasks on assigned equipment, setting up and testing equipment for startup, and inspecting, lubricating and making necessary repairs to equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and components including chains, sprockets, gears, bushings, bearings, gear boxes and other moving parts
- Make repairs on industrial electrical systems
- Inspect, recognize potential problems, and take appropriate action to prevent component failure
- Collaborate within the Maintenance Department to schedule and develop routine and preventative maintenance schedules
- Weld and fabricate machinery
- Assist Team Leaders and Machine Operators in efficient line start up and equipment adjustments
- Perform building maintenance and repairs as needed to include carpentry, plumbing, and painting
- Qualified candidate will have effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with coworkers, supervisors and department managers.
- Work under the direction of the shift Team Leader and openly communicate unresolved work orders that require assistance
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, GMPs, and SOPs
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college coursework preferred
- Previous mechanical and electrical experience required
- Previous Refrigeration experience or equivalent education preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with coworkers, supervisors and department managers required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs and ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Position occasionally requires climbing to high elevations. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and at times up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.