SANITATION SUPERVISOR JOPLIN, Missouri
Job Ref: 37492
SANITATION SUPERVISOR 3RD SHIFT
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN JOPLIN MISSOURI ALSO NEEDS A 3RD SHIFT SANITATION SUPERVISOR OUT OF FOOD MANUFACTURING. 10PM-6AM SHIFT AND THE SALARY RANGE IS 55-65K
Manages the day-to-day functions of the sanitation department. Responsible for having plant cleaned and sanitized daily for the lowest possible costs. Manages sanitation cleanup crew and assures that correct manpower and cleaning compounds solutions are used to perform daily quality cleaning for good product quality assurances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties, responsibilities and activities are listed in no particular order and may be changed or updated at any time with or without notice.)
• Initiates and monitors the application of existing and/or approved sanitation cleanup procedures in meeting planned objectives.
• Maintains appropriate cleaning supply inventories on sanitation aids, chemical cleaners and sanitizers and sanitation equipment.
• Control and monitors usages of chemicals, sanitary supply aids, etc.
• Working relationship with USDA
• Must keep total cleanup cost at a minimum while at the same time, must keep efficiency of plant cleaning of the equipment and facility at a maximum
• With the help of the sanitation team leaders, continually monitors the thoroughness and adequacy of all the cleaning chores being done by sanitation employees.
• Is entrusted with the responsibility of training present and new employees on proper cleaning procedures and cleaning techniques.
• Establish and maintain good plant communication skills and work with others in a team-like manner to accomplish work objectives. (This is especially true when working with production operations and maintenance to keep plant equipment in peak operating condition).
• Perform work within company standards and efficiencies
• Hiring, disciplining, terminating and evaluating sanitation employees
• Troubleshoot any microbiological problems that may be due to improper cleaning procedures.
• Performs all other work as required by the Company.
Employee Safety Responsibilities:
• Report all injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and horseplay
• Use proper lifting techniques
• Use mechanical assistance (handjack, forklift, manlift)
• Use personal assistance (buddy)
• Use handrails
• Use and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
• College Degree/Equivalent Sanitation Experience
• 3-5 years of production/sanitation experience
• Leadership and planning skills.
• Should be computer literate