PM Shift Wastewater Technician Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Ref: 37488
The schedule is 2-2-3. There is periodic overtime on weekends and subject to be on call. Pay range is $31/hr – $33/hr, working from 4 pm to 4:30 am plus $1/hr for shift differential
SUMMARY: Responsible for operating the wastewater treatment system in our raw and precooked bacon facility in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environment requirements. Operator duties will consist of performing daily rounds, reporting equipment malfunctions and troubleshooting operational problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Monitors, interprets, records and analyzes pump and process equipment performance data; tests all valves and monitors for proper operation.
- Oversee minor maintenance duties of equipment such as pumps, aeration system, etc.
- Observes all Federal, State and County regulations.
- Assure accurate sampling and analysis of waste treatment systems according to specifications and procedures
- Verifies information in operational database is accurate and analyze data.
- Communicate with management and CVWRF as needed.
- Summarize plant operations using treatment process control data for monthly reports.
- Monitor & evaluate treatment process and equipment status
- Record flows and sample data.
- Insure waste water process chemical inventories are available and flowing as needed
- Assist with projects and daily operations of the plant’s other water related systems.
- Coordinates maintenance tasks with Facility Maintenance for status of repairs and scheduling of work.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on equipment at plants and pump or booster stations in accordance with established schedule
- Evaluates plant performance from calculations, laboratory data, operational reports, trends, and field surveys.
- Conducts minor repairs to equipment and structures at treatment plants and pumping or booster stations.
- Monitors sludge levels in process tanks, and Manholes. Cleans service area equipment such as Daf
- Tank, Screens, Pumps, Piping, WW facility Areas, and Etc.
- Conducts general housekeeping, buildings and ground maintenance at treatment plants, pump or booster stations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Wastewater Operator Certification preferred.
- Must be familiar with a variety of environmental concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work with hand tools to perform minor maintenance activities required.
- Must be able to analyze data to make recommendations and suggest solutions.
- Ability to read and write effective reports and business correspondence using standard Microsoft Office products
- Oral presentation skills must be effective with all levels of management and outside agencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the operation of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation components and associated process equipment.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques, sample handling and preservation and treatment analysis in accordance with standard methods.
- Skill in the use of testing equipment used to perform routine mechanical, electrical and instrumentation preventative maintenance
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, blueprints, symbols, charts and graphs.
- Ability to identify and take corrective action on process upsets.
- Ability to clean and calibrate probes used in process control.
- Ability to identify all confined spaces.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Able to speak, read and write in English a must.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position is physically demanding and may include entering confined spaces. You must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis, be able to climb stairs and ladders, and work at elevated heights.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud. Must be able to work in a non-temperature controlled space. Will also be exposed to wastewater in various stages of treatment including odors associated with treatments.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday with hours variable to meet the needs of the system. Periodic overtime on weekends and subject to on call.