PLANT MANUFACTURING ENGINEER SCOTIA, New York
Job Ref: 37479
PLANT MANUFACTURING ENGINEER IN SCOTIA NY. LOOKING FOR A MANUFACTURING ENGINEER WITH STRONG SOLIDWORKS AND STRONG LEAN MANUFACTURING. SALARY RANGE IS 80-100K
This position will long term include key responsibilities such as:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- No less than 50% of time spent on production floor in hands on root cause analysis of manufacturing equipment designing and implementing ways to improve equipment up time.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by utilizing lean manufacturing principles (Continuous Improvement); analyzing and equipment, process, and people.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Lead projects as assigned by management to include; continuous improvement projects, commission projects or equipment that are in line with existing knowledge within the plant, and helping take part on Innovation project teams as applicable
- Supports commissioning of innovation projects through training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Strong ability to multi-task by executing and overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering Field
- CAD, Proficiency in SolidWorks strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of hands on experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Preferred 3-5 years of relevant experience
Lean Training and/or Six Sigma experience/certifications highly desired
Experienced at managing multiple projects simultaneously
Project Management certifications desired; Project Management experience required
- Building highly effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels in the organization
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Rapidly builds trust with fellow employees
- Effectively leading change in a small business environment
- High level of self-determination and self-management (gets things done)
- Detail oriented, tech savvy, willingness to continually learn and embrace new approaches (growth
- Bias to action, calmly solves problems, follow-throughs, holds self & others accountable, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Highly organized, ability to work on multiple project and meet tight deadlines.
- Work comfortably in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate the ability to be resilient in the face of uncertainty and stress.
- Has a high capacity for learning and potential to grow into positions of increased responsibility
- Able to think out of box and conceptualize elegant solutions to meeting customer needs
Compensation and Location
- The position provides a competitive base salary, an aggressive performance-based incentive plan, comprehensive benefits, and if required, relocation assistance.
- The position is based at the manufacturing facility SQP in Scotia, NY.