Packaging Supervisor Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Ref: 37475
2nd or 3rd Shift
SUMMARY Produce the largest amount of quality product possible while complying with all production and safety guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Responsible for training, guidance, and enforcement of compliance to SQF certification
• Maintain safety, policies, rules and regulations as well as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
• Manage the flow of product from the kitchen through the packaging lines to the Warehouse
• Maintain the highest quality standards while controlling manpower
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees
• Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Ensures compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture, quality and facility cleanliness
• Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment
• Other duties as required
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead by example to ensure our highest quality manufacturing practices are being met
• Ensure team members follow all Food Safety and GMP policies
• Ensure all work is completed in a safe and sanitary manner
• Ensure team members produce product free of contamination
• Ensure team members Report any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
• Ensure team members Inspect work area for any possible product contamination issues on a continuous basis
Manages Packaging Foremen who leads operators and general labor in Packaging department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Also directly supervises hourly non-supervisory employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Packaging Team Leader MA/GA/NV/IN Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations This job does not require any specific certificates, licenses, or registrations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ALERTNESS REQUIREMENTS
• Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
•Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment • Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
• Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
• Ability to work in an unfatigued state
• Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
• Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
• Ability to concentrate
• Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
• Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Packaging Team Leader MA/GA/NV/IN While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.