2nd shift Maintenance Technician Clinton, Michigan
Job Ref: 37469
The most pressing need is 2nd shift. Our third shift is not running until the week of Memorial day. If we had a candidate for 3rd, we would definitely be interested.
$26/hr target pay
Prefer 4 years or more of maintenance experience, will work on processing equipment, solid mechanical experience is good, you don’t have to have PLC troubleshooting experience although it’s a plus. They have baggers, labelers, equipment that puts a top on a bottle and seals, extruder that uses dies to cut candy, robing machine that has a mesh conveyor belt that drops the candy in caramel. There are 4 maintenance people there. We need a tech on 2nd shift (3 pm – 11 pm, plus a .50/hr shift differential) ), and one on 3rd shift (11 pm – 7 am, plus .75/hr shift differential), it’s Monday – Friday but there will be frequent weekends.
Non union, snack and treats manufacturing. There is profit sharing which paid out an average of $1600 this year, it's based on the number of hours that people work and company profitability, some of the mechanics got as much as $3500! The plant is kept at 68 degrees, is climate controlled.
You'll get 5 days of paid time off after 90 days, after a year you get a week of paid vacation plus the 5 days PTO. 401k eligible after 90 days, 100% on the first 3% and 50% on the 4th and 5th %, medical/dental after the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain building, production equipment, and other machinery including facility systems such as air compressors, hot water heaters, and HVAC equipment.
- Complete all assigned work and preventative maintenance with proper cleanup and communication to the shift supervisor, and document in maintenance tracking system.
- Make quick, prudent precise decisions and have access ability to obtain information.
- Always maintain a neat and orderly work area; keep proper documentation in assigned areas.
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding safety, quality, productivity, GMP's, work rules, and attendance.
- Must be able to perform basic facility repairs, such as plumbing, heating and cooling, and painting.
- Knowledge of food processing and manufacturing equipment preferred
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude, along with troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to fabricate and weld (tig) as required for systematic repairs.
- Ability to operate lift trucks. Certification preferred.
- Must provide your own tools
- PLC experience valued
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds regularly.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift