Sanitation Manager Carthage, Missouri
Job Ref: 37450
LOOKING FOR A SANITATION MANAGER IN CARTHAGE MO AT A LARGE FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT. MUST BE BILINGAUL ENGLISH SPANISH FOR NIGHT SHIFT 10PM-7AM M-F. THIS IS FULL RELO AND THE SALARY RANGE IS 70-80K MUST HAVE ASSOCIATES OR BACHELORS
Job Title: Sanitation Manager
Manages the day-to-day functions of the sanitation department. Responsible for having plant cleaned and sanitized daily for the lowest possible costs. Manages sanitation cleanup crew and assures that correct manpower and cleaning compounds solutions are used to perform daily quality cleaning for good product quality assurances.
Initiates and monitors the application of existing and/or approved sanitation cleanup procedures in meeting planned objectives.
- Maintains appropriate cleaning supply inventories on sanitation aids, chemical cleaners and sanitizers and sanitation equipment.
- Control and monitors usages of chemicals, sanitary supply aids, etc.
- Working relationship with USDA
- Must keep total cleanup cost at a minimum while at the same time, must keep efficiency of plant cleaning of the equipment and facility at a maximum
- With the help of the sanitation team leaders, continually monitors the thoroughness and adequacy of all the cleaning chores being done by sanitation employees.
- Is entrusted with the responsibility of training present and new employees on proper cleaning procedures and cleaning techniques.
- Establish and maintain good plant communication skills and work with others in a team-like manner to accomplish work objectives. (This is especially true when working with production operations and maintenance to keep plant equipment in peak operating condition).
- Perform work within company standards and efficiencies
- Hiring, disciplining, terminating and evaluating sanitation employees
- Troubleshoot any microbiological problems that may be due to improper cleaning procedures.
- Performs all other work as required by the Company.
Employee Safety Responsibilities:
- Report all injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and horseplay
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Use mechanical assistance (handjack, forklift, manlift)
- Use personal assistance (buddy)
- Use handrails
- Use and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walking, standing, fine motor of the fingers, and sitting.
- Occasional body bending and climbing stairs.
- Position rarely requires reaching and working above shoulders, hand twisting, stooping, climbing stairs, body twisting/rotating and forklift/palletjack driving.
- Pushing, pulling, and/or carrying up to 100 pounds.
- Occasional lifting up to 100 pounds (up to 3ft high) and carrying for less than 100ft in range.
- Will be exposed to loud industrial type environments commonly found at plants as well as moving parts.
- Varied temperatures from hot and humid to very cold.
- College Degree/Equivalent Sanitation Experience
- 3-5 years of production/sanitation experience
- Leadership and planning skills.
- Should be computer literate
- Bilingual is a plus