Quality Lab Supervisor Valencia, California
Job Ref: 37449
QUALITY LABORATORY SUPERVISOR OPENING IN VALENCIA CALIFORNIA WITH A LARGE POLY CARBON MANUFACTURING COMPANY . THEY WILL ASLO LOOK AT QUALITY LAB ENGINEERS FOR THIS ROLE. SALARY RANGE IS 90-100K. REQUIRMENTS ARE INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING WITH TEXTILE EXPEREINCE
Summary of Job Content:
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties. Skills:
• Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks concurrently.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from accredited four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer previous ISO-9001, TS-16949 or AS 9100 experience.
• Must have laboratory and Chemistry experience
• Manufactury experience is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include performing other duties that are in support of the facility's goals, observing all safety rules and regulations, and the following.
• Improves standards, requirements, and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
• Maintains program to evaluate precision and accuracy of calibration system, production equipment, and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment.
• Implements and maintains methods and procedures for disposition of nonconforming material. Tracks cost and responsibility and drives preventive and corrective action to reduce incidents.
• Directs operators and technicians engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
Supervisor a team of three.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, or members of management. Ability to write articles that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to management and/or employees.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft Office (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, MS Word)
Minitab or comparable statistical software.
SAP or comparable MRP software.