Maintenance Electrician JOPLIN, Missouri
Job Ref: 37434
FOOD MANUFACTURING PLANT IN JOPLIN MISSOURI IS SEEKING A MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN . THIS WILL BE A 2ND SHIFT OPENING BUT WILL TRAIN ON DAY SHIFT. PAY RANGE IS 26-28HR
This position is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting the electrical, PLC and computer functions on industrial equipment in a food manufacturing plant. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production equipment and the facility’s electrical equipment; including regular preventive maintenance on equipment and facilities.
• Plans, layout, install and repair a wide variety of complex electrical equipment including automatic machine and process controls, motor control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers, and electronic controls.
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls and power supplies.
• Performs work to National Electric Code (NEC)
• Installs, startups and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components and assist other maintenance staff with technical troubleshooting.
• Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
• Keeps immediate supervisor up to date on all on-going projects, with regards to project status, completion time projections, and any problems that may have arisen during the course of the project.
• Maintains a neat and clean work area, follows established tool and instrument control procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs and ladders, and reach with hands and arms. Position occasionally requires climbing to high elevations. The employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and at times up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work. Exposed to high voltage electricity.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• Associates Degree or other technical degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
• Functional knowledge of standard manufacturing practices including, but not limited to: general safety, lock-out tag-out, HAZMAT, forklift safety, and electrostatic discharge awareness,
• Ability to read, follow and revise electrical prints and PLC ladder logic.
• A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
• Proficient use of various meters, testing devices and testing programs, including but not limited to multimeters, strip chart recorders, and laptop/PC programs.
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.